Pandora Light

echidna

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Is there any hope for a Pandora Light w/o Keyboard and flipping screen?
I think that would be Rad and would push it competition w/ some other systems (i won't name them)

gp2x-forum?
anyway,
well the pandora is not even out yet.

I guess u gotta wait to see how successful it is.

and another thing: u cant just remove the keyboard u know.

u would have to completly redesign it.
i dont think it will be available in near future

Chances for a pandora like this are slim.(Virturaly no point in removing the keyboard since the motherboard will make it the same size regardless)
However you can make a case and put pandora parts in it yourself. :)

There's barely any room left inside the case (only near the speakers) and the keyboard doesn't take up that much. It's pretty small as it is though.

Putting the d-pad and the sticks on a flat handheld will be pretty difficult. If for nothing else I love the clam-shell design just for the screen protection. All my systems that didn't have it are scratched, but my SP still has a scratch-free screen.

Also, why do some people not like the keyboard? I don't think it will take away from the game play at all.

Thanx,
Stan

While it might look really easy to do that you would actually end up with something the size of a brick.

Seriously the clamshell design is used for good reason :)

I imagine whoever designed the Pandora console has looked at the possibility of not having a keyboard. Lol
And it seems theyhave decided that they want one !

I think you should redesign the Pandora with 2 keyboards, before launch. Also get rid of the screen so it will be like the DS only it will be the DK. Can they be clicky keyboards?

Also please get rid of the sound hardware and add two more SD slots (but not HCSD).

please also built in a portable stairmaster
stairmaster4000.jpg

so we can go head to head with wiifit

I think this whole thing needs to be rethought.

First, why bother with SDHC? It can't really hold everyone's DVD collection in full quality anyway. Replace it with 1 TB of RAID 5-configured HDDs.

Also, get rid of the OMAP SoC. Why use such a limited architecture when you could use the CELL processor? Now that's what I'm talking about. B)

Of course, now you've got to consider memory bandwidth in conjunction with high-end hardware, so I think we should shoot for 8 GB of DDR3. I guess 4 GB would be acceptable if the power requirements of 8 GB are too high, though.

As for graphics, well, you can hardly go wrong with the Geforce 9800 X2 - after all, 2 GPUs have to be better than one.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a device like this.

We could call it PANDORA HEAVY - car battery sold separately.

Tom` said:
We could call it PANDORA HEAVY - car battery sold separately.
More like Jet Battery........ While we're at it, can we add a microwave ? That way, anyone with a Pandora could have nachos on the spot. Who doesn't love Nachos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Megamixman said:
More like Jet Battery........ While we're at it, can we add a microwave ? That way, anyone with a Pandora could have nachos on the spot. Who doesn't love Nachos?
Or you could just use a fan to redirect some of that heat this thing will generate to the top and put the nachos and cheese directly on it...could you make the top removable dishwasher safe?

or just make the whole thing dishwasher safe... now that would be a feature!

and while i am at it a 3.5 mm jack so i can hook it up to a hi-fi no wait that is a good idea.... now to play some Disturbed at 120 db... j/k

imbored said:
Megamixman said:
Or you could just use a fan to redirect some of that heat this thing will generate to the top and put the nachos and cheese directly on it...could you make the top removable dishwasher safe?

Heh, Use the forced air to heat and push the cheese up. Fondue Fountain anyone?

Megamixman said:
Heh, Use the forced air to heat and push the cheese up. Fondue Fountain anyone?
Add a temperature control nob with a high setting that lets me warm my Hot Chocolate and Apple Cider from 5 feet away(Without cheese of course).

Ok, enough silliness... To the OP: Check out the GP2X General forum, there is a bit of talk about the possibility of a GP2X micro. DaveC has even volunteered to make the case and controls! :) Of course, at this point it is all speculation.

Back