Pandora modding!

JayFoxRox said:
I also plan to add IR support to my PSP-Emulator and I will probably release a Remote Control software for small indoor helicopters (expect a topic in a month or two if I find time for it, I still have to hack the complete protocol)

Nifty. There is a lot of information online about the various helicopter protocols (especially if you are targetting Picoo-Z's) so you probably don't have to hack much, unless you've got a random cheap clone :)

the main mod i'm interested in and will probably end up attempting myself is a swivel for the screen, giving it tabletPC like functionality. don't ask me why i want it, i just do. :D

on a side note, anybody know if they will be selling extra cases for the Pandora for people like me who tend to butcher things a couple of times before getting it right? I'd rather NOT have a Pandora that's been duct-taped back together, as i think it'll be not only tacky, but also give people a bad impression.

I absolutely want to see a good how-to on a mod that installs some L2/R2 shoulder buttons to the provided contacts on the board, preferably something low-profile that isn't going to jab me in the leg or poke holes in my pockets. 'C' and 'Z' buttons I could take or leave, however PSX was the first with the L3/R3 clickable analog sticks, and a few games started using them that early. Those I'll probably map to the keyboard somewhere close to the nubs.

IR has some potentially interesting uses. As a "How To" mod it would be nice to have (I have a Robosapien that runs on an IR sensor) but I can take or leave it.

I'm not big on cameras, however hardware that is "Video-Ready" seems to be the standard at this point. I think if the OP team was planning an upgrade to the hardware DSi-type cameras would be necessary just to meet the baseline expectation.

The flashy lights I can do without. A pretty case is nice and if it was a desktop or had a few days worth of charge-time I'd be interested, but they chew up the battery and I need my 'hours in operation'.

My $0.02.

not really a mod as such but would love to have a webcam on my pandora.
Trouble is getting drivers that might work. then i would have the ultimate skype machine :)
something like...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Driverless-6- ... 5|294%3A50

Would be great (i know it'll look rubbish picture wise) big hurdle would be driver issues :/ which is a shame. i'd rather have a dedicated camera for my pandora than use my desktop webcam as its bulky.

Another mod i would love to see is paint jobs really. LED lights are annoying mods now. paint jobs are awesome :)

There are plenty of cams that will work with Linux. Not sure if that ne will or not, I guess somebody would have to try it.

It would be quite cool though, you could fit some kind of swivel-hinge to the side of the Pandora to hold it in place and adjust direction

Back