Release Pandora Now Has 256mb Of Ram And 512mb Internal Nand Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickle said:
You know I cant help but laugh, its seems not too long ago that people asking for 256 mb, which i would include myself were told we would never need that much memory.
Oh well seems a reason was found :D
First BT and now this pandora is really turning into a beast of a machine.
I was worried from day one, regarding the small RAM. Now I know, that P. will become a success :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey

Well I just made a post about such things in the other thread, and I am also concerned about the australian dollar, that is if we would have to pay at the current rate. Hmm, I'm guessing we would have to pay at the current rate.

But yea, as I just mention in the other post (just done an edit on it), if they are stuffing ya around so much then I would gladly pay the extra (assuming there was any extra, that is I had to pay at the current australian dollar rate or whatever) for ya to change banks, let alone get 256MB RAM and 512MB NAND :).

edit
BTW, I thought 128MB RAM was fine, but 256MB is better :).

cyas

Now please please please please please please not another delay.

But 256 MB of Ram sounds sooo sweet!

im all for paying a little more for extra memory and i feel that the pandora needs the extra memory to complete the product,but i have no idea whats going on with my order now ? im a bit worried that i will have my order canceled and have to pay much more for the memory and whats all this i read about a select few getting more memory ???? i really hope not ,if thats the case then i will just have my refund and take my money else where.

if its no more than £30 extra for the memory then im in.

i dont frequent the board much latly and im glad i did,what if i had been away and unable to check the board,then i realise late on that theres been changes and my £200 is sitting in my bank and no pandora ,the team need to get things finalised now ,yes to the memory and a full explination of whats going instead of speculation would be nice as well.

I know the exchange rates are a mess at the moment, but we will try to make it whatever you paid last time you will pay this time and any slight mismatch we hope will be made up by the fact you have 256MB + 512MB (and that's coming out of our pocket).

256MB is just too good NOT to put in the Pandora. If anyone isn't happy about this and wants to cancel their order that is of course no problem, we understand.

I'll probably write up a more detailed newsletter for this soon. Sorry for the last minute change - but we think in 6 months you will be very very pleased we did it.

craigix said:
I know the exchange rates are a mess at the moment, but we will try to make it whatever you paid last time you will pay this time and any slight mismatch we hope will be made up by the fact you have 256MB + 512MB (and that's coming out of our pocket).

256MB is just too good NOT to put in the Pandora. If anyone isn't happy about this and wants to cancel their order that is of course no problem, we understand.

I'll probably write up a more detailed newsletter for this soon. Sorry for the last minute change - but we think in 6 months you will be very very pleased we did it.
:eek: Awesome!

thats all i needed to know,and mabe some extra dev fund money can cover the ram,i have no probz with that.

craigix said:

Thanks, that's quite reassuring. I think we're all excited about the 256M (and 512 NAND! -- I hadn't taken that seriously until this post), but we're a bit uncertain about the order status. I'm sure you are, too. Being open about the situation is earning you major trust points in my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

We're all prone to blathering on in the forums when we're nervous. Don't let it get you down.

paddy said:
im all for paying a little more for extra memory and i feel that the pandora needs the extra memory to complete the product,but i have no idea whats going on with my order now ? im a bit worried that i will have my order canceled and have to pay much more for the memory and whats all this i read about a select few getting more memory ???? i really hope not ,if thats the case then i will just have my refund and take my money else where.

if its no more than £30 extra for the memory then im in.

i dont frequent the board much latly and im glad i did,what if i had been away and unable to check the board,then i realise late on that theres been changes and my £200 is sitting in my bank and no pandora ,the team need to get things finalised now ,yes to the memory and a full explination of whats going instead of speculation would be nice as well.
You would only have to pay extra if you paid by card and are required to repay AND the currency/dollar of wherever ya from has weakened and you have to pay at the current rate, as opposed to the rate at the time you originally preordered. Hmm, so there are alot of IFs, and for some it might cost less, but I dunno, hehe.

I think it would be quite obvious that ALL would receive 256MB RAM and 512MB NAND.

I hope this clears some things up.

edit
Wow, so many posts since I first started writing this. I see ya concerns are now already resolved or whatever :).

cyas

craigix said:
Sorry for the last minute change - but we think in 6 months you will be very very pleased we did it.
please tell me you mean "in 6 months when there are more demanding applications being made/ported and the 256MB is an obvious benefit" and not "in 6 months when we begin shipping pandoras"

craigix said:

Thank you Craigix. Seriously. I always thought that 128MB was a wee-bit spartan for this caliber of device. And the fact that you are footing the bill on the upgrade AND currency exchange is most honorable even if a bit insane. Any change of this magnitude is welcome. I am patient, and gladly accept something as big as twice the RAM with gratitude. Even with if another small delay is applicable. When did I become a fanboi? I guess... right now.

paddy said:
... and a full explination of whats going instead of speculation would be nice as well.
Yeah, I'm for surprises and all, but when I've paid $350 upfront for a device that I've never seen, I need to know wtf is going on with it. It's suppose to ship in a month or less and all of a sudden the ram and nand doubles? Switching banks? All I want to know is how this affects the shipping date. Whenever I preordered I had the idea of about Mid-November. Then I get the feeling from another thread that it's actually going to be Late/End Novemder. And now this? Argh, I can't keep checking the boards 5 times a day for little scattered tidbits of information. It's driving me insane.

craigix said:

Looking on the bright side, at least where I live the cost of petrol has gone down significantly. I can now fill my car up for less than US $50, which hasn't been the case for quite some time. I've already felt less financial strain because of this, so I'll just put some of the gas money I'm saving towards the new & improved Pandora, if the price does indeed change.

Overall, I'm happy with the change, regardless of any setbacks we all may face. 128MB was fine, but the way some people talked about it, it sounded a lot like "640k ought to be enough." :D

Edit: fixed end of sentence.

Pandora Team,

Please answer the following questions:

How will this effect the ship date?

When would we know if our order has been cancelled? Are all credit card purchases cancelled or is it only credit card puchases from some countries?

Happy about the change, but we seriously need some hard details. ;)

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back