Pandora on Slashgear

It's never a good idea to read Engadget comments. No point wasting your energy on people who are largely there for smartphone news and a bit of attention whoring.

@Gruso

I have to ask, what's with the pipe smoking in all your avatar's?
When I started posting on forums years ago, I used an edit of this for my avatar (no real reason): http://imgur.com/meoCx

Then it just became a bit of a personal meme.

Perhaps a new official 'wideo' to accompany said press release would be a good idea too. Showing things like auto updating of Apps from the repo via panorama, flawless PS1 emulation @ 650Mhz, Forget me not, VVVVV, etc. Would quieten a few nay sayers.
Let me see if I can get some FMN on my GoPro chest mount.

@ OP Team : Don't be disheartened by the negative comments, I'm pretty sure that most people don't understand what the Pandora is, where it came from & what you can actually do with it. Perhaps a new official 'wideo' to accompany said press release would be a good idea too. Showing things like auto updating of Apps from the repo via panorama, flawless PS1 emulation @ 650Mhz, Forget me not, VVVVV, etc. Would quieten a few nay sayers.

Oh, no worries, I didn't expect anything else.

If it wasn't for some company in Texas, we would've had Pandoras out for about a year now, for a cheaper price... now we need to compensate their damage :(

It's true that for spec-crazy guys the specs are way too low now.

However, I'm personally amazed of what the Pandora is still capable of.

What Smartphone with an OMAP3 SoC can run PSX nigh flawlessly at fullspeed?

I tested the iPhone 3GS with a more recent iOS version... it feels so slow. Nothing compared to my Pandora.

While it's sad that it's not up-to-date anymore (would've increased sales and make it easier to get the funds for a Pandora 2), I'm sure that there are enough Linux-Fans out there appreciating the Pandora :)

And once more Pandoras are out in the wild and your friends and colleagues see them, I guess more and more will become interested :

We don't need to sell millions, I'm perfectly happy if we manage to sell 10,000 units alltogether :)

Why do they hiding the fact, that there already have over 3000 Units successfuly shipped and the new shipping is the 2. production batch? It sounds like nothing happend in 4 Years and this is definitley wrong. Please someone should contact them to correct the articles.

3000 units shipped? I thought it was more something like 1000 units due to the CircuitCo debacle?

Why do they hiding the fact, that there already have over 3000 Units successfuly shipped and the new shipping is the 2. production batch? It sounds like nothing happend in 4 Years and this is definitley wrong. Please someone should contact them to correct the articles.

3000 units shipped? I thought it was more something like 1000 units due to the CircuitCo debacle?
Approximately 2,800 units have been released i believe.

I still remember that big "I got my Pandora" thread on gp32x.de :)

Congrats ED and OP team for reaching ~3000 units, thats a pretty big milestone. I really wasn't aware of the shipping figures, and I thought I read the forums! Maybe they could be splashed across the OP homepage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Where are all the "I got my Pandora" posts?

I received two. I'm happy with both of them. Haven't been around for a bit - life and all that.

I think interest for more casual Pandorans maybe waned a wee bit as deliveries hit hiccups. I'm hoping with all the new production setups that things go a LOT smoother and interest, even amongst the casual users, picks right back up again.

Really? Where are all the "I got my Pandora" posts?

I GOT MY PANDORA!!! I GOT MY PANDORA!!! I GOT MY PANDORA!!!

Couldn't resist.

Hahaha... nah i haven't got my Pandora yet, i bought another one before xmas, great little piece of kit though!!

I am a bit of a linux noob so i am still searching out applications and tools etc to suit my usage, but life sometimes keeps me away from the internet to mention such things.

Can anyone tell me if this would be a good reintroduction to the command line.

http://learncodethehardway.org/cli/book/cli-crash-course.html

2800??

should I start getting nervous?

Yes your order is confirmed. Your approximate queue position is 1900+.

Thanks

Jacquelyn

... I know that was really approximative, but still 1000 place on a 3500 or so queue?

elwing, when did you order? I probably shouldn't be worrying quite yet, but I'm trying to get an idea of where the queue is, time-wise.

2800??

should I start getting nervous?

... I know that was really approximative, but still 1000 place on a 3500 or so queue?
No you shouldn't as this is a number of all orders combined, meaning:

- the ones that craig shipped

- the ones that evildragon shipped

- the small amount of units fatih got

- and don't forget that there a some who ordered more than one

Don't forget about all the premium Pandas..
IIRC there were only about 100 Premium distributed. I might be mistaken on that, but you have to remember for anyone who upgraded, the que moves, although that wasn't the case with every Premium.

Hehe, I find it very positive that queue talks have been resurrected. I hope that means that folks are once again looking very forward to when new Pandas start shipping, whether old pre-orders or very new ones!

3000 seems to be a too large estimation.

i thought all the people who purchased the 3rd day after the "opening" day, have not all received their unit yet.

i thought all the people who purchased the 3rd day after the "opening" day, have not all received their unit yet.

date: 2 October 2008 09:30

subject: Your order from OPENPANDORA LIMITED has been processed

Still waiting here.

Hopefully the postman will bring it soon.

Aww, yesterday I had a thumbsup on my tomsguide response. Today I don't. Someone didn't like what I wrote, going so far as to actually undo someone else liking what I wrote :(

Back