Pandora on Slashgear

No need to revert back to earlier builds.

The latest builds has two graphic plugins included.

Select the old one, set the Frameskip to 1 and enjoy Mario64 as fast as it was ;)

The DM3730 actually is cheaper than the 3530 nowadays

However, there won't be much difference.

The guaranteed clock speed is higher and the 3D GPU has a higher clock, everything else is basically the same.

The maximum overclock is about 1,2GHz, so the same as with some of the old 3530 as well.

Thanks for the reply ED. From what I've read of Ari64's testing, and your previous comments, as well as those of other informed people, there won't be much difference. However, if your supply of OMAP3530s is going to run out, I would be interested to know, if even on just cost grounds, you plan to switch to the DM3730. I know in the past you've talked about maybe mass-ordering parts with the OpenMoko people, and I believe they're using this SoC now, so it may even be more beneficial in cost-terms, and help to reduce both losses and also increase margins. I don't think such a change would impact detrimentally the cohesiveness of the community, as essentially everything is still the same, and the performance benefit is rarefied and negligible.

Thanks again.

I hate to think that people would consider their device inferior because their CPU 'only' handles clock speeds 50% higher than advertised!

I didn't really want to come off as ungrateful... I still love my Pandora and use it almost every day. it's just that I was kinda looking forward to the possibility of N64 emulation... and almost nothing runs (That I want to run) or is at least near playable speeds. Even Mario 64 runs a little choppy. I guess I was just got caught up in the hype and let my expectations get a little too high. :p
Fair enough :) Have you reduced the resolution settings in Mupen? I was playing Mario at 600mhz today.

I have no choppiness issues with Mario 64 even when at 500 mhz.. I got Zelda working alright..

Back