Pandora Order

atomicthumbs said:
I'm thinking of getting one. Does anyone know if it's any good?
it doesnt really exist yet, only like 6 completed ones are in existance, and those are devs. So no one knows yet, until they are produced. Just a little longer...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
sdmsanilover said:
atomicthumbs said:
I'm thinking of getting one. Does anyone know if it's any good?
it doesnt really exist yet, only like 6 completed ones are in existance, and those are devs. So no one knows yet, until they are produced. Just a little longer... :)

It's possible, however un/likely, that second batch Pandoras could have silkscreening on their cases where the earliest Pandoras will be blank/unlabelled. There seems to be universal consensus that little else is likely to be different aside from the effects of time (i.e. witht he first batch in users hands, the second batch should benefit from first batcher's efforts to improve the overall experience on receipt of unit).

does anyone know for sure that the second batch will cost more.....i would have already ordered mine if i had the cash!!!!
also i would have pre ordered one ALONGGGGGG time ago if i knew about it sigh :(

Cpt Ezz said:
does anyone know for sure that the second batch will cost more.....i would have already ordered mine if i had the cash!!!!
also i would have pre ordered one ALONGGGGGG time ago if i knew about it sigh :(

Yeah, Craig posted multiple times that the second batch will cost more. They're losing money on every unit for this batch. Also, parts are getting more expensive too. So, they need to raise the price.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51592-the-second-batch-info-thread/

I've been following the project since about October 09. Pandora was on my Xmas list (I have no money); My parents wanted to wait for the second batch, but IF they did order from the first batch, I might get it for my birthday (early May). Otherwise, I'm going to order one during the summer.

Cpt Ezz said:
does anyone know for sure that the second batch will cost more.....

That's a slightly loaded question, as it involves predictions of the future - specifically Craig has SAID that it will cost more, but the undiscovered country is a slippery burger. Sometimes your intentions miss by a bit. In this case, we've been told that we'd get our Pandoras before Christmas 2008, and it's now nearly April 2010.

So the INTENT is for batch #2 units to cost more - but one shouldn't be TOO upset if this is changed by the time batch 2 units ship.

Back