Release Pandora Overlay Menu

Wiz -- if you're nabbing op_menu.sh then it shoudl be workable with mmenu and xfce and anythign else .. pndevmapperd routes the pandora button through op_menu.sh every time.. just that script checks for 'looks like xfce, or not' and branches in halves..s oy ou might need to handle it in both parts, or before if you dont' care..

Once its pollished/tested, for sure, into the firmware; we've been wanting to do this since day one, just werent' sure it'd be doable without kernel hacking; then notaz stumbles across the bit thats already inm the kernel and off Stan goes.. _awesome_ :)

jeff

Yeah seems awesome. I'll take a proper look later but my first test went wrong! :p

I held the button on the desktop and ended up managing to get stuck with a Magenta screen and couldn't exit the overlay menu.

But definitely this will improve user-friendliness of Pandora once the niggles are ironed out :)

I held the button on the desktop and ended up managing to get stuck with a Magenta screen and couldn't exit the overlay menu.
You're using the experimental kernel. :p The option for setting transparency colour changed its name in 3.x. Didn't discover that until recently. Maybe get a bug fix in before the weekend but I doubt it. Leaving tonight to visit family for Easter.

You're using the experimental kernel. :p The option for setting transparency colour changed its name in 3.x. Didn't discover that until recently. Maybe get a bug fix in before the weekend but I doubt it. Leaving tonight to visit family for Easter.

Spot on, was using the experimental kernel (The improved power management is just so nice...)

could we also add wifi moniter and screenshot options to the overlay system? :)
Oh I like this. Launching timed screenshots from the overlay would be great.

WizStan, if you like this idea for a future release, feel free to mine the SnapSnap PND for the scripts. They just trigger fbgrab so you wouldn't have to bundle any binaries.

Wifi monitor was already planned. Screenshot should be easy, it's already taking a snapshot of the screen when it starts. I'll just have that dump to a file. :)

:) woop I love this, and when this becomes part of the Pandora OS this will really change it for the better!

Cool! Definitely grab my scripts, as doing a seemingly simple fbgrab and saving it to somewhere that works on all Pandoras turned out to be far less trivial than I had imagined.

(I say "my" scripts; they are really just a compilation of work by more talented people).

[edit] Not that I am presuming you need help with this stuff. Just saving you some time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but being able to change the clock speed from this overlay menu would be just amazing! :)

Can someone post the original op_menu.sh file? I executed the installer twice so the backup is the modified op_menu.

really waiting for kernel 3.x update :D

anyway, let's collect feature requests in a more transparent way, I'll also add ideas i saw in other threads:

-killing/terming/activate xkill

-overclocking

-suspend

-wifi -toggle/-ap-selection/-powersave-toggle

-bluetooth toggle

-swap/zram toggle (maybe submenu?)

-irc/jabber chat (maybe a channellist could be filled by running pnds?)

-screenshots

feel free to copy the list and extend it :)

I made this way back when... wondering if you would like it... I can supply you with source or make you images for your work.

pandorabutton.jpg

I made this way back when... wondering if you would like it... I can supply you with source or make you images for your work.

pandorabutton.jpg

Very nice look there :)

I'd add a row of icons to toggle

-overclocking (upto a pre-defined maximum)

-overvolting (upto a pre-defined maximum)

-wifi

-bluetooth

-swap

-zram

-USB host

being able to launch over applications (email client, settings) would be good

Back