Pandora Questions And Answers

Openoffice might be a bit much, I might try Abiword instead.
I agree though, even if no games were published for the Pandora, it would still be amazing as an Internet tablet, PMP, etc.

g5runner said:
I know the Pandora is suppose to be a fun toy. But let's not miss all the serious things it could do.
Heh... It's not lost on this game porter what all it can do- I want this thing to thrive... ;)

Games.
Applications.
Anything that is prudent and practical in a 256Mb RAM profile ARM machine will happen one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make an SDL-based graphing calculator application for it, but I've actually finished all the classes that would require one.

I'm thinking it will mostly do PMP and PDA-type things, and go on the Internet.

I'm going to sound like such a scrub typing this, but what the hay. Could someone please link me to information on how to go about ordering one of these exquisite beauties? I know the preferred method of payment is international money order, and I know the address to which it should be mailed, but I that's about the extent of it. Who do I make the money order out to? Who do I need to inform before I mail it? What does the exact total need to be?

Sorry to be such a tool, but I just want to be certain about everything before I drop a hefty amount of money into the postal system. Thanks in advance.

ThirdMarioBro said:
Could someone please link me to information on how to go about ordering one of these exquisite beauties?
Send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com with your address and what you want to order. One of the sales ladies will respond with detailed instructions and a total price including shipping.

I know this isn't directly a pandora question but I thought I'd tag it in here as it would save making a new thread and it could be deleted by a mod after anyway.

I was wondering if the emulators for the pandora (such as sega genenis/megadrive or SNES) support 7-Zips .7z format for ROMS. Or do they have to be .zip files. I know it's probably a stupid question but I can't find the answer online anywhere.

Thanks
James

im new to this forum but i was tracking the project for a while now , and never saw an answer anyware.
so i guess this is the right place to ask it :

will the pandora will be ever avaible through a retail shop ?

i dont have the money to preorder it right now or anytime soon , so i wont mind wating (even if it will be after the second batch).

NightArck said:
As in a physical store? Possibly, but we have no distribution agreements with any brick and mortar shops at this time.

Richo said:
I was wondering if the emulators for the pandora (such as sega genenis/megadrive or SNES) support 7-Zips .7z format for ROMS. Or do they have to be .zip files. I know it's probably a stupid question but I can't find the answer online anywhere.
I'll go out on a limb here and say that only zip will be supported in most emus, since it's the most well known, common format.

7z support would be awesome though
(and i hate rar format)

(But as chip said, in the end it's up to the emulator coders)

Thanks for the answers, I'll just have to "un-7zip" the ones I have and "re-zip" them up again.

Cheers

Chip said:
NightArck said:
As in a physical store? Possibly, but we have no distribution agreements with any brick and mortar shops at this time.

Does that imply that you do already have distribution agreements with online shops?

Karel Jansens said:
Does that imply that you do already have distribution agreements with online shops?
We've had several online shops express interest. I don't think anything has been signed in blood yet though.

Chip said:
Karel Jansens said:
We've had several online shops express interest. I don't think anything has been signed in blood yet though.
please do try to get one , it will resolve some big issues for the buying side ;)

In sight of furious keyboard layout discussion a like to ask:
peca said:
Can somebody (officially) commit that custom layout can be order (later) and how much it coast and what is minimum amount to realize custom layout?
Thanks.

'Kag' said:
Can it play 1080 H264 files?
You can play 720p, that's confirmed. However, if we're able to get enough hardware acceleration to have 1080p-playback at a reasonable framerate none knows for sure. At this time it is not possible though. Why do you want to anyway? The screen resolution is to little to make a difference between 720p and 1080p.

'Kag' said:
No and never be possible

720p actualy only for MPEG 4 ASP/SP not for MPEG4AVC (H264). MPEG4AVC only for 480p

'Yod4z' said:
'Kag' said:
No and never be possible

720p actualy only for MPEG 4 ASP/SP not for MPEG4AVC (H264). MPEG4AVC only for 480p

Can you please back that up? I haven heard anything regarding the specifics of the video format, just the resolution, from the developers.

What are the general plans for the second batch?

Would it be for example, First batch ships, then it would be easier to create another batch with-in a month or 2? or are we looking at a few months down the line from when the first batch goes?

Thank you! (I have tried the FAQ, but that seems quiet old since it talks about the first batch getting shipped before December...

Back