Pandora seems to be dead.

You can also try to put back the battery while the AC is connected.

It's not recommended to do so, but it may work.

You can also try to put back the battery while the AC is connected.

It's not recommended to do so, but it may work.
It's very dangerous to do this, you risk overloading the entire system. I wouldn't even recommend doing this if I knew there was a chance it could work.

There are a lot of people with this problem recently. We need a way to prevent complete discharge when the Pandora is left while in suspend mode asap. People are too used to it from Android or Apple devices.

I had the same problem...but I only left it on the shelf for about a week (maybe 1.5), after that it wouldn't charge from USB and I couldn't find the charger, so I bought a PSP one. That sorted it.

Now, my wifi is completely dead though (previously, it would connect for 10 seconds or so, then basically stop. It does pee me off - I really wanted to watch videos on this device (off of my network)...and surf the net.

I had the same problem...but I only left it on the shelf for about a week (maybe 1.5), after that it wouldn't charge from USB and I couldn't find the charger, so I bought a PSP one. That sorted it.

Now, my wifi is completely dead though (previously, it would connect for 10 seconds or so, then basically stop. It does pee me off - I really wanted to watch videos on this device (off of my network)...and surf the net.
The Wifi on mine is a bitch, it loves to not stay connected for long. >.>

I even tried the Update Wifi Drivers.PND from the Repo, and the PND encountered some type of problem -_-

Thats normal, as the fixes in the updater pnd are already integrated into newer firmwares.

I even tried the Update Wifi Drivers.PND from the Repo, and the PND encountered some type of problem -_-
Yeah I tried that too, to no avail :-(

I even tried re-flashing the firmware last night (I was still using a beta version of zaxxon) - again, nothing. Nada. Doesn't even show the list of Access Points anymore. Makes me wonder if any other part of the device is going to die.

Totally depressing.

I also recieved an iControlPad...can't get that working either! Though that could be for any number of reasons (shitty bluetooth stick, linux just being useless - or of course me being thick as pig-shit). The funny thing is that I got an iControlPad because I couldn't simply copy over a Pandora executable binary for testing the game I'm working on and I wanted to be able to test it with a similar pad.

In fact I got so annoyed with my Pandora and the iControlPad last night, I almost...almost...threw them both away and vowed to never have anything to do with them again...I was very frustrated.

I need a break.

I even tried re-flashing the firmware last night (I was still using a beta version of zaxxon) - again, nothing. Nada. Doesn't even show the list of Access Points anymore. Makes me wonder if any other part of the device is going to die.

Totally depressing.

I also recieved an iControlPad...can't get that working either! Though that could be for any number of reasons (shitty bluetooth stick, linux just being useless - or of course me being thick as pig-shit). The funny thing is that I got an iControlPad because I couldn't simply copy over a Pandora executable binary for testing the game I'm working on and I wanted to be able to test it with a similar pad.

In fact I got so annoyed with my Pandora and the iControlPad last night, I almost...almost...threw them both away and vowed to never have anything to do with them again...I was very frustrated.

I need a break.

Totally depressing.

I need a break.
._____.

Last edited by a moderator:
Care to give us any dmesg output after enabling WiFI?
Sure:

[130034.099761] PM: suspend of devices complete after 117.553 msecs

[130034.100433] PM: late suspend of devices complete after 0.640 msecs

[130062.956604] Successfully put all powerdomains to target state

[130062.957458] PM: early resume of devices complete after 0.640 msecs

[130064.067260] PM: resume of devices complete after 1109.588 msecs

[130064.068054] Restarting tasks ... done.

[130079.800140] aufs test_add:261:mount[19144]: uid/gid/perm /mnt/pnd/op_wifi 1000/1000/0755, 0/0/0777

[130080.749786] wl1251: using dedicated interrupt line

[130080.837829] ieee80211 phy4: Selected rate control algorithm 'pid'

[130080.838867] wl1251: loaded

[130080.839447] wl1251: initialized

[130081.131713] udev: renamed network interface wlan0 to wlan4

[130081.883300] wl1251: ERROR sdio write failed (-110)

Any ideas? 

Oh, is this some sdio connection problem?
ummm, sdio? Surely it's a hardware fault though because that was the same error I was getting before I reflashed.

If it's any help, I get the same error when plugging in the little usb wifi stick that Craig sent me.

EDIT: Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1GHz Pandora worked well for two weeks, but now it won't turn on.  I confirmed that the Pandora and PSP chargers are both working on my PSP, and also with a voltmeter on the Pandora's battery contacts.  5.0V for the PSP charger, 4.8V for Pandora. The Pandora battery reads 4.25V.

The Pandora does not respond at all:  no screen, no LEDs.  I tried it with and without the SD card.  I tried it with and without each charger connected.  I tried it with and without the battery (i.e. w/o battery, but with charger.)

I have tried to charge it overnight with each charger.  I also tried to charge it with the power switch to the left, and again with the switch in the middle.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm. This might really be a defective unit. You should make a supportticket with the store you bought it from.

Is this as opposed to my problem?

I really had to stop myself from replying to ED's recent post with something along the lines of "well, at least you can connect to it over wifi"

Back