Pandora Successor in various Language from the start?

Perusa

Good idea?

I mean...when starting the Console it would be nice if i could choose the Language for the Menü, etc.

:rolleyes:

- Perusa/Peru/Henry

Most GNU/Linux stuff has good localization support. Getting the Pandora-specific stuff (scripts etc) translated is not impossible with some community effort, but it's not a trivial task, so we may not want to wait for that. Also, even with bigger internal storage, we may not want to include all possible locales, given that many people will stick to English anyway and all the others need only 1 or 2 locales, not all possible ones.

Why is this pandora-successor-specific?

I feel like a broken record every time I say this, but - the pandora's firmware can be and is being improved.

If x software feature would be useful, and someone is prepared to work on it, then that feature can be added to the current pandora.

There is no need to wait for a grand new piece of hardware unless you're looking for something that is extremely CPU/GPU-heavy or is a major memory hog.

Doesn't ptitSeb use a french language pack?

So everything that's not Pandora specific can already be translated into different languages.

Well being that your name is Perusa or per-USA (the country) then all you speak is English, right? Per the American way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I want is German Keyboard.

QWERTY sucks so much.

(That's why I cut my keys and swapped Y and Z)

Only thing I want is German Keyboard.

QWERTY sucks so much.

(That's why I cut my keys and swapped Y and Z)
You work for ED so he can make a special version for you. For the rest of us, we need QWERTY :)
I'll do it myself as I did with Pandroa :) .

EvilDragon won't order 1000 Keyboards just for me ;) .

Also did it with the 4 shoulder buttons but no need for modding this time :) .

As my Studies will end next year and I'll have more spare time my main efforts will be to make a real cool portable docking station inside some briefcase.

(USB Display-Link screen, 10000 mAh+ hours USB batteries, all sort of connectors, mobile Keyboard and mouse)

We'll see what future brings.

Make sure that 10000 mAh battery is in explosion proof container :) . I'll buy one if you make two of those docking cases :)

In Belgium we have AZERTY. I hate it. I always use QWERTY. None of those keyboard layouts were designed for optimal performance anyway, so it's a matter of getting used to something anyway, and then it's best to get used to just one thing instead of two.

Well being that your name is Perusa or per-USA (the country) then all you speak is English, right? Per the American way?
No, I'm from Germany. My Name has no meaning. :)

Ze germans love their Z.
Yes. But it is all because of stupid english teacher's

Back in Middleschool I always spell it right. I've learn it from my parents which are original from Ghana.

And always when i spell it right all teacher's said to me. "Its wrong you have to spell it like this:'ze milk, ze butter'

And you as a student can do nothing about it. Very Sad. :unsure:

No, I'm from Germany. My Name has no meaning. :)
Ze germans love their Z.
Yes. But it is all because of stupid english teacher's
Back in Middleschool I always spell it right. I've learn it from my parents which are original from Ghana.

And always when i spell it right all teacher's said to me. "Its wrong you have to spell it like this:'ze milk, ze butter'

And you as a student can do nothing about it. Very Sad. :unsure:
LOLOL I know I know. that was a joke, bud ;)

Back