Pandora-Tan Character Art

I love the OS-tan concept in general and was very interested in a Pandora version. I have loved the artistry of the initial ones as some, like Saejinoh's really have that -tan look, but after seeing these latest ones by Kagato, I really think the female warrior look is the way to go, after all, it was intended to be a gaming machine, not a shy quiet PDA. I very much like the stylus as a weapon and think that theme should be developed, but I was also very partial to it being slung on her back, it had the look of power at the ready.

I can't draw at all, but I have a vision in my head of a futuristic female warrior in black armor standing with her stylus weapon slung on her back and her arms raised in front of her with a Pandora like device mounted on her left arm and typing something into it with her right hand like she is sending out an "Attack!" message. Her armor is shiny black with glowing blue highlights and Pandora logos, and she has a semitransparent HUD visor over her eyes with a cable running to it from the Pandora on her arm. But also, to keep with the -tan concept she has the long hair ending in the cable ends and a larger chest with the design of the breast plate somewhat hinting at the "nubs" with a pattern like the keyboard, but without letters, on her abdomen.

Damn, I wish I could draw decently, lol.

RavenX said:
I can't draw at all, but I have a vision in my head of a futuristic female warrior in black armor standing with her stylus weapon slung on her back and her arms raised in front of her with a Pandora like device mounted on her left arm and typing something into it with her right hand like she is sending out an "Attack!" message. Her armor is shiny black with glowing blue highlights and Pandora logos, and she has a semitransparent HUD visor over her eyes with a cable running to it from the Pandora on her arm. But also, to keep with the -tan concept she has the long hair ending in the cable ends and a larger chest with the design of the breast plate somewhat hinting at the "nubs" with a pattern like the keyboard, but without letters, on her abdomen.

Damn, I wish I could draw decently, lol.

I like the idea of a Metroid route. She can always take off her helmet/armor, but ideally her femininity won't be hidden in such a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
RavenX said:
I love the OS-tan concept in general and was very interested in a Pandora version. I have loved the artistry of the initial ones as some, like Saejinoh's really have that -tan look, but after seeing these latest ones by Kagato, I really think the female warrior look is the way to go
No, it has to be cute and chibi, not like some generic warriorwoman from Heavy Metal magazine.
Tom` said:
stuff10_by_saejinoh.jpg
This is by far the best one up to now, but i -Tj-'s one is also great.

hmmmm tell me if i'm wrong but shouldn't we see more of the "fits into pocket" criteria when thinking about a pandora-tan?

we say os-tan started from windows Me, resulting in a character that had to be unstable and annoying, and having the /!\ sign as pendant :p

then for OS, bust size is related to the RAM consumption we say, or to the interface , considering hardware, it seems that bust size is related to specs,

so judging from the other tans around, pandora tan shall be small but yet full of capabilities, could be a little genius with an ironic smile or something, and yet playful because it's a gaming device too :D

i'm not into lolicon or whatever but i do see pandora as a gifted child with a discrete exterior look ! :D

the only thing is i don't know how to impersonate some key specs such as double nubs and touch screen without making any inappropriate allusion ..... :p

nik166 said:
hmmmm tell me if i'm wrong but shouldn't we see more of the "fits into pocket" criteria when thinking about a pandora-tan?

we say os-tan started from windows Me, resulting in a character that had to be unstable and annoying, and having the /!\ sign as pendant :p

then for OS, bust size is related to the RAM consumption we say, or to the interface , considering hardware, it seems that bust size is related to specs,

so judging from the other tans around, pandora tan shall be small but yet full of capabilities, could be a little genius with an ironic smile or something, and yet playful because it's a gaming device too :D

i'm not into lolicon or whatever but i do see pandora as a gifted child with a discrete exterior look ! :D

the only thing is i don't know how to impersonate some key specs such as double nubs and touch screen without making any inappropriate allusion ..... :p

you mean something like Lucca from chrono trigger? :)

hmm yeah that could be a way , from what google image tells me :D

i had also in mind washuu from tenshi muyo (small adult, not loli), or even konata from lucky star (not genius but master of irony and total geek ) :)

nik166 does have some good points, and I agree with the suggestion of someone like Chrono Trigger's Lucca if you're going for the youngster geek look. But I much prefer -Tj-'s or Kagato's work as they are less anime-looking (the chibi style just doesn't agree with me), with a more mature style that I think fits the Pandora nicely. In my mind it's not a pocket gaming device with computer-like capabilities, but rather primarily a pocket computer that just happens to have good gaming controls, so in my mind it's more like an adult with a youthful sense of fun (-Tj-'s -tan is a good example of that) or a seasoned adventurer/warrior like Kagato's -tan. Either or both of them gets my vote for not being overly "cute", yet not overly "endowed" which tends to be the other extreme for -tans.

Tom` said:
S-r-ex said:
BTW, where's Pandora-tan? Any OS or platform with respect for itself needs its own manga mascot....

stuff10_by_saejinoh.jpg

After looking at this one for a while, it's growing on me. The other one was just dead-sexy... but this one is really the only one that looks like it could qualify as a generic "tan". My only complaint is the 'thing' coming out of her head needs to look like real hair or just go away completely.

Two out of three Dutchmen agree, TJ's is the best.

I however :lol: I really, REALLY like (naw)mcx's girlfriend's (gah that takes so long to type '-') designs.

Not to say I dislike TJ's, and Saejinoh makes some very clean and cute images as well.

TJ's is definitely the most polished, and as a generic personification of the Pandora, she is very beautiful, but I think Saejinoh's (care of Tom) are actually more inline with what the -Tans are about. I can actually see her making an appearance along side the others, whereas TJ's girl would look out of place next to the rest.

Bigun said:
Tom` said:
S-r-ex said:
BTW, where's Pandora-tan? Any OS or platform with respect for itself needs its own manga mascot....

stuff10_by_saejinoh.jpg

After looking at this one for a while, it's growing on me. The other one was just dead-sexy... but this one is really the only one that looks like it could qualify as a generic "tan". My only complaint is the 'thing' coming out of her head needs to look like real hair or just go away completely.

Blasphemy! the video out/ponytail is the best part you scrap the rest if you really want the sexy one and ever since 95-tan I don't mind the idea of a katana wielding all powerful, kicks your butt, tan... with a out put/ponytail.
But the above one is has my vote (needs work on the fingers though)

Saejinoh's (Posted by Tom) is the best by far.

Tans should be cute, not hot.

Edit: Fixed attribution.

Back