Pandora Warranty & Shopping Information Request

ssys

Still Fresh
Hi, to make the long story short, I intend to buy a Pandora as soon as I can (meaning: As soon as I have the money) ...
However, as I'm a teenager and that I will have a rather limited income (of which 1/3 I will spend),
I would like to have detailed information on the Pandora warranty, if there is one.

Also, I would like to know if it is to be shipped in Canada (Quebec) during the preorders, and if yes,
the total shipping cost.

Thanks in advance for any useful information

P.S.: I have done several searches, yet no actual warranty information was returned to me ...

Long live :pandora1:

Regarding the warranty, I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall it being mentioned that the warranty would be the same as you would expect from any other device - it lasts for one year from the date of purchase, and if you get a faulty unit, it will be replaced during that time.

I hope that helps some - I'm sorry that I don't recall where on the forums I read this, though.

Yeah it's been said before and I think there maybe more info on the FAQ. heh, it would probably be available by the time you save up for one, and still have enough left over for some poky and a copy of MGS4.

Synthetix said:
Hi, to make the long story short, I intend to buy a Pandora as soon as I can (meaning: As soon as I have the money) ...
However, as I'm a teenager and that I will have a rather limited income (of which 1/3 I will spend),
I would like to have detailed information on the Pandora warranty, if there is one.

Also, I would like to know if it is to be shipped in Canada (Quebec) during the preorders, and if yes,
the total shipping cost.

Thanks in advance for any useful information

P.S.: I have done several searches, yet no actual warranty information was returned to me ...

Long live :pandora1:
Hey Salut!, Glad to see someone from Quebec on the board! From wich town are you? Yeah the Pandora is gonna be a treat! Are you a GP2X user first?

Last edited by a moderator:
My thanks go to Prometheus for making my buying experience
less stressful ... I currently own a Tungsten E2, and it is accumulating problems,
actually it looks like it was made to destroy after the 90 day warranty (yes 90 day !) ...

I just hope the Pandora's touchscreen will not drift half a centimeter in 6 months ...
and cost 150 $ to repair (like my current PDA) !

And I come to think of it, will psx4pandora be X11 based ? And what about PandaSNES ?

It is because I intend to build an Angstrom image from OpenEmbedded and I would like the possibility
to have the emulators under an X11 (Probably KDrive) session, probably under GPE "palmtop". (Sorry for the little offtopic here ;) )

Besides, what about the shipping costs or shipping information ?

Thanks a lot, gotta get back to OSDev (still an unbooting prototype, but lots of ideas) and vacuum cleaner ...

@Aries: Je suis de Ste-Jeanne-D'Arc (Lac-Saint-Jean), et si je ne suis pas un utilisateur de GP2X, j'en ai voulu un,
mais comme en 2005 j'avais 13 ans, mes parents ne voulait pas que je mette de l'argent dans un produit tel que le GP2X.
En octobre 2007, quand le GP2X F-200 est sorti, je venais tout juste d'acheter mon Tungsten E2,
et de me rendre compte que c'etait difficile de faire fonctionner LJP dessus ... Finalement, grace a de la magie,
je fais meme fonctionner Star Ocean dessus, mais une fois que le jeu decolle, pas de retour en arriere ...

@Crashball: I'm not so sure I want to know the meaning of this ...

Now, we can just wait for the :pandora1: ...

Synthetix said:
And I come to think of it, will psx4pandora be X11 based ? And what about PandaSNES ?

It is because I intend to build an Angstrom image from OpenEmbedded and I would like the possibility
to have the emulators under an X11 (Probably KDrive) session, probably under GPE "palmtop". (Sorry for the little offtopic here ;) )

Besides, what about the shipping costs or shipping information ?

im quite sure all software being made for the Pandora, will be made to run from the GUI included with the Pandora (which may be X11 based, i have no idea).

i can remember where i read this, but i believe the Pandoras will be shipping from the UK, where Craig is. im sure shipping to Canada will be reasonable.

I live in Manitoba, Canada, and i ordered my first GP2X from a UK site, and it was 3 day shipping, and i paid £10 or £15 i recall. the website i think was called GBAX.co.uk. which doesnt seem to be a site anymore.

impreziv said:
[...]

i can remember where i read this, but i believe the Pandoras will be shipping from the UK, where Craig is. im sure shipping to Canada will be reasonable.
[...]

From http://openpandora.org/
When and where can I buy it?
It is already available to selected developers and preorders in approximately August for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey.
I think this means it will also be shipped from Canada...

@Jope-san: Kylläkai, mikäs sen estäis. ;)

Synthetix said:

psx4pandora is a port of PSX4ALL which is not x11 based
also PandaSNES is port of SquidgeSNES which is not x11 based
so i say unlikely

It is still quite possible that they could be made to run on X11 anyway. On topic, I'd assume the warranty to be similar to the GP2X's warranty. I had mine replaced due to a broken audio jack problem that existed in early units. I believe the warranty was either 90 days or a year. If the Pandora proves useful, I'd probably just buy another one anyway to support the project (they'd surely lose money by replacing the unit, unless they repaired it).

AireTamStorm said:
It is still quite possible that they could be made to run on X11 anyway
yes i nou it just that that they will go to the extra tropel of having it run on x11 when it run already on the pandora
but if some rely like to see them run on x11 hou nose they may make them to run on x11

impreziv said:
I live in Manitoba, Canada, and i ordered my first GP2X from a UK site, and it was 3 day shipping, and i paid £10 or £15 i recall. the website i think was called GBAX.co.uk. which doesnt seem to be a site anymore.
GBAX.com is Craig's site. :) So you'd be buying from those same people if you were to order a Pandora from the UK arm, if I'm not mistaken.

Brandon Orban said:
Doesn't Michael live in Canada, I am quite sure that way the shipping would be way cheaper. I live in Saskatchewan.

-Brandon
Depends if there's a Canadian distributor.

Since the thread is created I'll ask what payment methods will be aviable and what type of shipping (DHL, Express mail e.t.c.) can I order to Russia and how much it will cost (theoretically)?

Hotcooler said:
Since the thread is created I'll ask what payment methods will be aviable and what type of shipping (DHL, Express mail e.t.c.) can I order to Russia and how much it will cost (theoretically)?
This post details payment method (easily located by search by the way ;) )
craigix said:
It will be the same as the GP2X one was, you can use pretty much any payment method (phone up if you want to arrange something special) and once you have paid you are in the queue and will get your unit in order.

We won't take pre-orders however until we are happy with everything. Which will probably be when everything is running in a better way than the GP2X does :)

I can't answer the other questions, sorry.

I actually read that post. But since I never bought a GP2X.. and since there is no Russia under the checkout on the site.. I was wondering about payment methots aviable to Russia residents. I guess credit\debet card. But maybe something else? And I'm wondering if it will be possible to even order it from Russia (But since we (me and some of my mates) want to order atleast 4-5 panda's i think it would be possible).

Hotcooler said:
I actually read that post. But since I never bought a GP2X.. and since there is no Russia under the checkout on the site.. I was wondering about payment methots aviable to Russia residents. I guess credit\debet card. But maybe something else? And I'm wondering if it will be possible to even order it from Russia (But since we (me and some of my mates) want to order atleast 4-5 panda's i think it would be possible).
4-5 :pandora1: are going to Russia.. Count me in! :) To be serious I really hope mail delivery will be an option for Russia and if it's not I guess I'll have to ask my English friends for a help. I guess there will be no difference either to pay English VAT and have the unit shipped for free or to pay for shipping.

Back