PandoraLive C4A November 2014 Compo !

Nice looking selection... I've a feeling I'll be proper rubbish at Squared though :) looks like its the kind of game which is going to highlight my poor maths skills

Two absolute new games for me. 

Challenge accepted!

Boson X, Yeah! :D

Even the easiest stage. I wonder, what scores are possible there. :)

Edit: Matti... Again! 324%... Are you KIDDING me? >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Squared is a wonderful time waster, but it is mostly luck. Even with carefully planning your moves a couple of worst possible placements will end your game quickly. You can play much more games in the same time and therefore get higher scores if you adopt a simple strategy (like 'keep your largest tile in a corner') and just mindlessly execute that. I get a >100.000 score this way every couple 100 games.

hum, I really need to get my credentials out of my GCW...

edit:

ok, got my profile back... now I'm trying to find out how to install in on my pandora... is there a simple way without having to create a temp profile and overwriting the profile?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still not tried Squared yet. Must try it out tonight.

...Have to say though, Boson-X and Prototype are both excellent games. Boson-X is highly frustrating when I get so close to beating my personal best and then .... find myself doing a long jump and having no track in front of me :)

I've still not tried Squared yet. Must try it out tonight.

...Have to say though, Boson-X and Prototype are both excellent games. Boson-X is highly frustrating when I get so close to beating my personal best and then .... find myself doing a long jump and having no track in front of me :)
Yeah, the point of the competition is also to make community members discover and play these games actively !

I like that 2 of the games this month are ones that I frequently play when I have time.  I don't like that I don't have time to play right now.

I wonder, whether is it a good idea to always choose games, which are quite new or at least with quite new C4A support. Imho these games are played anyway, because of that. Maybe it would be a better idea to focus on older, seldom played games.

I wonder, whether is it a good idea to always choose games, which are quite new or at least with quite new C4A support. Imho these games are played anyway, because of that. Maybe it would be a better idea to focus on older, seldom played games.
They will come eventually. Note that Prototype is far from new.

Wow, I thought, whether it would be possible to reach a score over 40k. I thought so, but of course Matti had to show. ;)

Not Tetris Okay how do I join this. Vodka Tetris is my favourite game on the Pandora!

too bad, I wasn't able to get more than 3k at squared! and I'm quite not good enough at boson X... thanks for this compo, it was a nice way to discover some new games...

By the way, your RSS is broken...

Back