Pandoralive.info is... Alive !!

New article on Pandoralive !!

Welcome to a full tutorial on how to port Arkanoid on Pandora, from beginning to the end, including optimizations, written by one of the most active porters currently, PtitSeb. A very good read. And another excellent piece of material to start porting your own apps for Pandora, after Dredd's article on the Dillo Browser port. 

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=700

arkapromo.png

And one of my most favourite games ever! So many hours spent on this with my Spectrum

Damn, every time I see a PandoraLive post I click on "Continue reading ->" and turns out to be an image... LOL !! I just can't learn this lesson !!  :lol:

Perhaps it would be better to crop the screenshot above the "continue reading" link and add the equivalent text link underneath it?  I have to admit this  has thrown me a few times myself and I end up looking at a lightboxed copy of the screenshot.

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Porting Arkanoid issues:

Format my SD Card to EXT2 as instructed in the tutorial using GParted.  Successfully did that, but then I cannot create the "source" folder in it!  It said something I don't have permission.  But it work using FAT32.  I don't know if using FAT32 will be ok here for me to try this example out?  Help anyone?

On your Ext2 partition, you can create your folder as root, and than change ownership to yourself. Something like

sudo mkdir sources
sudo chown sources yourname

there migth be simpler way, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
On your Ext2 partition, you can create your folder as root, and than change ownership to yourself. Something like

sudo mkdir sources
sudo chown sources yourname

there migth be simpler way, I don't know.
isn't it

sudo chown yourname sources

?

Guys wouldn't it more helpful to put such comments IN the comments section below the post on Pandoralive, so that it may help other people later on ? You won't have any visibility in this thread.  

Agree but the problem is comments in Pandora Live section won't get posted immediately.  They all have to go thru you for review before they are allowed to be posted.  Why is that?  Not effective for Q&A stuff where we would like to have qick answer.

Back