Pandoralive.info is... Alive !!

Agree but the problem is comments in Pandora Live section won't get posted immediately.  They all have to go thru you for review before they are allowed to be posted.  Why is that?  Not effective for Q&A stuff where we would like to have qick answer.
That's only true the first time you post ever. once you are registered on PandoraLive and your first post has been approved it should be automatically approved for all subsequent comments. 

The reason why there is this system in place is fairly obvious... SPAM :) There are tons of bots who try to put advertising on wordpress-based systems. 

Agree but the problem is comments in Pandora Live section won't get posted immediately.  They all have to go thru you for review before they are allowed to be posted.  Why is that?  Not effective for Q&A stuff where we would like to have qick answer.
That's only true the first time you post ever. once you are registered on PandoraLive and your first post has been approved it should be automatically approved for all subsequent comments. 

The reason why there is this system in place is fairly obvious... SPAM :) There are tons of bots who try to put advertising on wordpress-based systems. 
Ah!  Didn't know that!  Thanks!  :D

On your Ext2 partition, you can create your folder as root, and than change ownership to yourself. Something like

sudo mkdir sources
sudo chown sources yourname

there migth be simpler way, I don't know.
isn't it

sudo chown yourname sources

?
Thanks!  Got pass this part.  Fixed the CFLAGS and LIBS lines in the "Makefile" as suggested but then got a whole bunch of following errors when tried to execute "make".

shenmue-pandy:/media/DEVSD/sources/breaker3264$ make

gcc -mcpu=cortex-a8 mfpu=neon -mfoat-abi=softfp -pipe Ofast 'sdl-config --cflags' -s -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_PANDORA -c -o main.o main.c

armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error: mfpu=neon: No such file or directory

armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mfoat-abi=softfp'

armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error: Ofast: No such file or directory

armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error: sdl-config --cflags: No such file or directory

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

shenmue-pandy:/media/DEVSD/sources/breaker3264$

Any help would be appreciated.  Sorry, just trying to learn  :D

Congrats ;) ! It's always really pleasing to have something that actualy launch and do something ! :D
Yes I was so happy!  I launched and it worked!  But a problem when trying to build the PND:

when I "cp sfx /mnt/utmp/Arka/sfx -r" It didn't copy the sfx folder.  It says "omitting directory 'sfx'.  Any idea?

hum, maybe create the sfx folder before, and than copy just the content, with

Code:
mkdir /mnt/utmp/Arka/sfx
cp sfx/* /mnt/utmp/Arka/sfx -r

Holy cow!  I've just made my own version of Arkanoid PND using ptitSeb tutorial and help in Pandora Live!!! I am so happy now! Oh yeah!  Oh Yeah!  :D   :D   :D

Thanks ptitSeb!  Now I'm in love with my Pandora again! :D

Holy cow!  I've just made my own version of Arkanoid PND using ptitSeb tutorial and help in Pandora Live!!! I am so happy now! Oh yeah!  Oh Yeah!  :D   :D   :D

Glad you made it ! :D Now you can have some more fun, and try to add or modify some level for example !

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad you made it ! :D Now you can have some more fun, and try to add or modify some level for example !
No!  That's too easy!  I will make the coolest apps on the planet for the Pandora in the near future!  :D

Just kidding!  I'm not that smart.  As you can see, you had to spoon-feed me throughout the tutorial  :D

So much to learn....

Good stuff Shenmue.

I look forward to giving that tutorial a go too sometime.

One of my all time favourite games too, Arkanoid, so would be nice to create a couple levels of my own for it.

Liking these type of tuts on the pandoralive blog

New article, coming back on the development story behind DraStic, the recent DS Emulator which won the DragonBox competition. The article includes several extracts of an interview conducted with Exophase.

seedsdrastic.png

Continue reading : http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=792#more-792

Back