Pandoralive.info is... Alive !!

Nice interview. Nice fresh emulator. Exophase is incredibly skilled in his field. We're blessed

As Moxie said,  Excellent stuff!  Thanks to both Ekianjo and Exophase. :)

"do not venture further" should read "do venture further"
Actually "do not venture further"  is correct.  It's basically a colourful turn of phrase saying (in this context)  "don't go off to any other websites."

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually "do not venture further"  is correct.  It's basically a colourful turn of phrase saying (in this context)  "don't go off to any other websites."

- Neelix
Glad I got it right :) Klapse made me doubt for a second!

Btw thanks everyone for your comments - i don't deserve much credit here, Exophase did all the job and provided the great answers to write about :)

It is mind boggling when you think about DS emulation on Pandora. Right now we have something that works so well for so many games, but if Exophase hadn't put it out there, we'd probably still be contemplating whether it is even possible to get decent DS emulation. The old threads about how to map multiple screens to the Pandora always seemed so incredibly moot; why even discuss screen layouts when the almost impossible task of the actual emulation was still to be done?

Good article, makes you realise how lucky you are to be part of this community! DS Emulation! On a Pandora? Whatever next, they'll be putting a man on the moon next..

Those old threads about mapping screens were more of a running gag than real discussions. But there were alsways some people who took them seriously.

There even was a detailed description of foxblock how to remove the touchscreenlayer from one side of the screen to make ds emulation work as the ds only has one touchscreen.

I can't belive that somebody might have taken this seriously at all.

Btw thanks everyone for your comments - i don't deserve much credit here...
Well, you deserve credit for runing this incredible blog! B)

It's always been fun to read!

And I suppose it's quite some work: contacting people, getting their stuff together, writing articles yourself...

I'm happy there is someone doing this! Kudos! :)

As Moxie said, Excellent stuff! Thanks to both Ekianjo and Exophase. :)

Actually "do not venture further" is correct. It's basically a colourful turn of phrase saying (in this context) "don't go off to any other websites."

- Neelix
The standard phrase to use would have been "look no further" or "seek no further" then, to indicate that the information is here in the article. "Venture" implies the current article, meaning "don't keep reading". At least that's how it reads to me.

Anyway thanks for the article. Impressed how Exophase can work on an emu for many months without openly talking about it at all. :)

It occurred to me after posting that "Venture no further" would have been the more traditional way to phrase it.   I'm certain I have heard or read the word venture used in this context before so the use of that word did not seem out of place in and of itself.

- Neelix

New article on Pandoralive ! A new one in the "My Day With The Pandora" series. This time with Budweiser. A touching story that will make you shed a tear, I'm sure.

daybud.png

Continue reading here...

Not anymore, strange was it a cached version by my provider / older surfing?

Hey, the very important part is at the end  :D

(I'm referring to the Exophase interview)

Back