Pandoralive.info is... Alive !!

Today/Tonight (depending where you are) on Pandoralive : a guest post from ED who tells us how he uses his Pandora everyday. I trust you'll find this an interesting read! 

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=366&preview=true

edday.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a few articles to read still ... the recent Diary of a Port one was very good though, nice tutorial style.

I'll no doubt reference back to that post one day

Here's today a full feature on how to port an application, together with an example on the Dillo Web Browser, from Dredd.

Probably interesting for those interested to do their first ports but unsure how to proceed!
Nice. You know how to spice up an article with the right pictures, eh?  :rolleyes:    ;)

Here's today a full feature on how to port an application, together with an example on the Dillo Web Browser, from Dredd.

Probably interesting for those interested to do their first ports but unsure how to proceed!
Nice. You know how to spice up an article with the right pictures, eh?  :rolleyes:    ;)
Yeah, but it seems some people have problems with that : http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12497-how-to-port-an-app-from-a-to-z-pandoralive/?view=getnewpost

finding it sexist, immature, etc... Ah well.

Next time we will put pictures of ugly geeks who never bathe, then. 

I for one prefer the scantily clad women.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, but it seems some people have problems with that : http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12497-how-to-port-an-app-from-a-to-z-pandoralive/?view=getnewpost

finding it sexist, immature, etc... Ah well.

Next time we will put pictures of ugly geeks who never bathe, then.
Lol, must be Americans then, you know, no problems with gore, violence and guns 'n stuff but if they see Janet Jacksons Nipple, the whole Country is going nuts.  :rolleyes:  

How about a compromise: Cute Anime Girls? =^.^=  Still better than the geek idea I guess. 

Fame at last. B)

;)
great, it's late at night here and now I'm getting nightmares... -_-

You really live in Japan? I'm jealous! ^^ Must be really cool to live there, so much great stuff like Video Games, Anime, Manga, Sushi, cute Schoolgirls in even cuter Uniforms...    B)

You really live in Japan? I'm jealous! ^^ Must be really cool to live there, so much great stuff like Video Games, Anime, Manga, Sushi, cute Schoolgirls in even cuter Uniforms...    B)
The coolness wears off a bit over time, but yeah Sushi is awesome (when you know the right places), Video games arcades and stores like the ones described in the articles are good fun too, and school girls in uniforms... i never get tired of it :) I hope _wb_ don't treat my comments as sexist :p

The coolness wears off a bit over time, but yeah Sushi is awesome (where you know the right places), Video games arcades and stores like the ones described in the articles are good fun too, and school girls in uniforms... i never get tired of it :) I hope _wb_ don't treat my comments as sexist :p
School girls in uniforms fetishes? Nah, that's not sexist, but depending on their age and yours, I would consider it to be a form of paedophilia ;)

I spent a month in Tokyo in 2009 (working at the TIT, no kidding - the Tokyo Institute of Technology that is). I blogged a bit about it at the time, maybe you're interested to read my random thoughts on Japan. It's in Dutch but maybe Google translate is good enough to make it readable: http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~jon.sneyers/blog/2009-09.php, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~jon.sneyers/blog/2009-10.php#frisdrank

The tilted one seems fuzzy, is unclear and doesn't look nearly as good with the ratio.

At any rate, I'd have a go myself, but my software is on an older computer and I can't bother to find the right cables to get it boot properly.

I recall that openhandhelds.org had small icons for the different consoles, though.. Could remember wrong as well, I suppose.
Ekianjo asked for a tilted one via PM - I stated it wouldn't be as clear or as detailed as the original. And it isn't. To get a better impression the size would have to be increased.

As for old software - I use MSPaint. It suits me down to the ground.
Sorry for getting back so late.

At any rate, the contrast should in my opinion be more defined - on my screen, the image looks slightly murky and not very distinguishable. Even when I know what the Pandora is like, I wouldn't say that this strikes me as an image of it. The best thing would be to make the bright areas brighter, and perhaps slightly brightening the image as a whole while still preserving the style - it probably looks slightly better in the colour department against the background of the blog, rather than plain white though. My hint, however, is that you could try resizing the sharp unangled image to a sharp, huge proportion eg. 16 or 64 times original size, and then rotate using a rotation tool. When you downscale it after the rotation, it will remove most nasty rotation artifacts and be relatively easy to clean up.

I really like the non-rotated one (as an image anyway), though - it's quite flat, but that's difficult to deal with, given the style and colours. The top-bottom proportion seems a bit off as well, an interesting choice to say the least.

Sorry for the criticism, as I'm not entirely entitled to it due to not posting an image at all. I think that those things are something you should try and see if it makes a change for the better, in my opinion.

Minor feedback (not sure if it is already mentioned), the 'banner images' for each article (circuit boards, 'popular', etc.) have either:

1. A link that goes to the image itself

2. No link at all

It seems this should be made consistent, and in my opinion should actually go to the article (indeed this was the behaviour I expecting when I initially clicked on the banner, and instead found myself looking at the same graphic in an empty window).

Back