Beta Pandorapanic! Testbuild For Pandora

''''''''MWeston'''''''' said:
I just tried it and it fails with an error about not finding libts-0.0.so.0
Aha... yes we don't seem to be on the same page with the use of Touch Screen... any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks for testing MWeston!
'PoisonedV' said:
CODE
http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php/homebrew:engines:penjin3d:downloads:dll.7z?id=homebrew%3Agames%3Apandorapanic&cache=cache

thats the libraries i used for windows. on linux i didnt even need them for whatever reason.
(that link was posted by i think poke further up)
I got up to stage 10 (yeah I know, thats horrible for a high score) but then that BASTARD platformer game showed up. it was intense, lol.
not having troubles with math game anymore.
also: the game locks up (not just a memory leak) very often on fail condition of spelling bee.

I didn't post the dll pack in this thread (I did upload them originally, however.) I've only got connected here yesterday.
The spelling contest, does have that problem, I haven't been able to figure out what causes the lockup as yet...

All these talks of mem leaks.... don't Panic! obviously we all know mem leaks aren't good. Earlier builds were not mem leaking, and I do check for these problems. When I'm back home I'll make the effort to fix my grub and put PandoraPanic! through Valgrind, etc. Right now I'm stuck with my eeePC and WinXP...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there folks,
Here is a recent test build for the Pandora.
I'm pretty sure the controls will not work right now, since I'm not clear on the full mapping of the Pandora and what has been attempted to map is purely guess work from things I've read.

Can anyone with a board tell me how it runs if at all and make any other comments that may be relevant.

'PokeParadox' said:
Hi there folks,
Here is a recent test build for the Pandora.
I'm pretty sure the controls will not work right now, since I'm not clear on the full mapping of the Pandora and what has been attempted to map is purely guess work from things I've read.

Can anyone with a board tell me how it runs if at all and make any other comments that may be relevant.
Just tried, says something with libstdc6++ missing version information, then no command line arguments specified and immediately restarts X (I can't say the exact error, as it restarts very quickly)

Last edited:

Starting program: /home/pickle/games/ppanic/pandorapanic
(no debugging symbols found)
/home/pickle/games/ppanic/pandorapanic: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /home/pickle/games/ppanic/pandorapanic)
/home/pickle/games/ppanic/pandorapanic: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /home/pickle/games/ppanic/pandorapanic)
Penjin says: No command line args provided.
Penjin says: No errors detected.

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x4003ea3c in raise () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

Build with debug symbols and I will try again

PokeParadox said:
OK here we are, debug and release PandoraPanic! builds for Pandora:

CODE
http://pirate-games.co.uk/fdsf/pandorapanictest.7z

Starting program: /home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug
/home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug)
/home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug)

(gdb) where
#0 0x4003ea3c in raise () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1 0x401810b8 in __aeabi_uldivmod () from /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
#2 0x4017f880 in __divsi3 () from /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC

Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:
OK here we are, debug and release PandoraPanic! builds for Pandora:

CODE

Starting program: /home/pickle/games/ppanic/PandoraPanicDebug

(gdb) where

Ah... poo!
I'm not much wiser from that...hmmm

PokeParadox said:
Ah... poo!
Neither am i, maybe if you put more printf statements and look for any float divisions that can happen on start up we can find the problem

Are you using some specific optimization flags for the pandora build ? If yes you should remove all of them and only add the debug optimization flag.

Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:
Ah... poo!
Neither am i, maybe if you put more printf statements and look for any float divisions that can happen on start up we can find the problem

Thanks dude I'll take a poke around and see any possible spots... I'm kinda stumped since there's nothing #ifdef'd in the Pandora build that would cause this... not that I can think of, of course.
Cpasjuste said:
Are you using some specific optimization flags for the pandora build ? If yes you should remove all of them and only add the debug optimization flag.

I'm pretty sure I just set the debug flag and nothing else when compiling... I'll triple check today.

ok, looking at the debug dump, it's performing modular division. I've put some console outputs around the couple of places on the title screen I do this, so hopefully this build here will reveal a little more.

CODE
http://pirate-games.co.uk/fdsf/PandoraPanicDebug.7z

http://pirate-games.co.uk/fdsf/PandoraPanicDebug.7z

root@omap3-pandora:/home/pickle/games/ppanic# ./PandoraPanicDebug
./PandoraPanicDebug: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./PandoraPanicDebug)
./PandoraPanicDebug: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./PandoraPanicDebug)
Penjin found 3 joysticks!
gpio-keys
Axis: 2
Trackballs: 0
Hats: 0
Buttons: 10
vsense66
vsense67
Floating point exception

Breakpoint 1, Engine::stateLoop (this=0x22d758)
at ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp:212
212 ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp: No such file or directory.
in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
217 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
284 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
285 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
286 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
289 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next
290 in ../Penjin3D Base/Engine.cpp
(gdb) next

(gdb) where

I tried stepping line by line after line 290, but i think timer code was keeping me from reaching the problem area in a reasonable amount of time.
I put breakpoints for all of the functions you gave me for StateTitle and none where hit before the floating point exception occured.

Does this narrow down the problem area?

PokeParadox said:
I'm at a loss at the moment... this pretty much makes no sense.
Are there any gotcha's with using Pandora's SDL port, like it must be in Fullscreen mode? or 16bpp or something like that?
800x480x16 is probably the safest mode to use, I think I remember something from Notaz that the modes were limited, but ive run things that work at 640x480.

I'm dismissing the video mode idea, since I do polling of the system and checks if the video mode failed... I also can't think how it would link to an FPE.
Anyway I want to rule out possibilities of what it could be, so here is a build compiled with the -msoft-float option... fingers crossed this is the magic bullet, but I'm erring on the side of this is just something to cross off the list. :rolleyes:

SoftFloatBuilds

Back