Beta Pandorapanic! Linux Build

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
As requested, a PandoraPanic! linux build. i think it should run on most linux distro's, as long as SDL is properly configured. There are some known movement issues with Jumper on linux right now, not sure what's causing them yet. Also, Joust seems to be very slightly sluggish, but that's less of a problem. Anyway, beside those problems, let the feedback come!

CODE
http://www.pirate-games.co.uk/markoez/paniclinux.zip

Edit: and this build includes the updated version of PanicAttack, hilarious :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch!

Only one sliight problem:
CODE
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/ ./paniclinux
./paniclinux: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Oh well, the 64-bit users among us will just have to wait a little bit longer... I'll look into finding some 32-bit versions of the SDL libs.

'dflemstr' said:
Thanks a bunch!

Only one sliight problem:
CODE
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/ ./paniclinux
./paniclinux: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Oh well, the 64-bit users among us will just have to wait a little bit longer... I'll look into finding some 32-bit versions of the SDL libs.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790

Works Wonders...

then just use it :
getlibs ./paniclinux

oh, btw..it segfaults for me when successfully entering a word on the "spelling bee".

Thanks for the heads up. The segfault is most probably to do with newline differences between win and lin format text docs... Let's see how we can sort this, hmmm.

it's a nice game...
I have also the bug with the spelling game, if i succesfull spell the "word".

It doesnt work for me :(

./paniclinux
Penjin says: No command line args provided.
Penjin says: No errors detected.
Exception en point flottant

++

'Qtpandora' said:
It doesnt work for me :(

./paniclinux
Penjin says: No command line args provided.
Penjin says: No errors detected.
Exception en point flottant
++

hmm, that's weird. What kind of system are you working on?

@ serenity: The spelling error is fixed in our local build. Maybe i'll put it online later

'MarkoeZ' said:
t's weird. What kind of system are you working on?

@ serenity: The spelling error is fixed in our local build. Maybe i'll put it online later
okay, well done...

I have another question: Is it possible to take a look in the source code? I only want to learn something about good programming. I am starting learning SDL and i don't want to make "mistakes", because I habe another style of coding.

'Serenity' said:
'MarkoeZ' said:
t's weird. What kind of system are you working on?

okay, well done...

I have another question: Is it possible to take a look in the source code? I only want to learn something about good programming. I am starting learning SDL and i don't want to make "mistakes", because I habe another style of coding.

Sure, code snapshots are posted here:
CODE
http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php/homebrew:games:pandorapanic:downloads:pandorapanicframework.7z

More information is on the official wiki page. The link is in my signature. :)

Just tried it. Run but seems a little buggy (which is to be expected of course). I am stuck at the Bad vista game right now.
I like the graphic, some catchy music too. It's great to have a game for when the console launch :)

I like it :)
though I get "Segmentation fault" on the spelling contest each time
I installed all the SDL stuff from the ubuntu repository

Back