PanMAME Betatesting

@Link I've just managed to get the iCP to work on PanMame. Its not perfect as it wont accept remapping from the X,B or R button and I hadnt remapped the START, SELECT, so not sure.

Start up BT on Pandora. Choose new device set up and enter pin 1234 then iCP X+Start and it will show as Joypad mode. Pair up. Launch PanMame and the d-pad UP will launch a game from the list by default.

Use the Pandora to choose the game you want and then hit 'space' and 'Input (this game)', hit enter on each key and then try to map in the relevant iCP button. Return to game and it should then work. I've no time to test further at present but that should get you started :)

Are you still thinking about implementing the different versions into one build Mcobit would make one hell of a difference to mame4all supported games like outrun and superhangon.

I think it would make a huge difference, if the asmcores were integrated into 0.106 rather than having two mame versions.

As those games you mention would profit from it.

Unfortunately this is something I don't think I can do because of lack of skill.

Hope I will get the webspace from ed soon, so that everybody can have the sources and maybe if someone, who can really code and has experience with this kind of thing can patch them in.

As far as PanMAME goes, I think this last version is the best I can do right now.

I think it would make a huge difference, if the asmcores were integrated into 0.106 rather than having two mame versions.

As far as PanMAME goes, I think this last version is the best I can do right now.
Maybe your qemu team mate might want to add the asmcore into your panmame package ;)

Maybe your qemu team mate might want to add the asmcore into your panmame package ;)

Unfortunately IngoReis can't do more than I.

All codechanges to qemu and crosscompiling was done by me, as he wasn't able to do it.

Yup, seems to compile.

I suppose i need the Notaz SDL ? How to link against it ? Just --with-sdl-prefix ?

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't need to. Just LD_PRELOAD before startup. It is a drop in replacement and should be on the nand already in latest Hotfix.

Of course you'll need to do the exports before starting the game. Have a look into the startupscript for Panmame.

Also you need to compile with -DPANDORA or the changes won't be applied.

I compile under Slackware.

I used :

Code:
export CFLAGS="-DPANDORA -O2 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp"

export CXXFLAGS="-DPANDORA -O2 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp"

That should work. As said. You just need replace the normal libSDL on the image with notaz one. Maybe you should do that by default anyway.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the roms in the rom directory which are too slow to be playable to save a bunch of space on my sd card? I can't think of a way but maybe somebody has thought of something? thanks

Is there an easy way to get rid of the roms in the rom directory which are too slow to be playable to save a bunch of space on my sd card? I can't think of a way but maybe somebody has thought of something? thanks

Best way, I can imagine: Test them, write the slow ones down, delete.

Best way, I can imagine: Test them, write the slow ones down, delete.

that's what I figured. I wish I was rich and didn't have to work!!! oh well, I'll start with the biggest, thanks

I'm a Pandora Newbie - just got mine yesterday. I'm not really sure what to expect but I'm trying PanMAME and found that Mortal Combat seems to run quite slow on it. Is this expected, i.e. it doesn't work (which is fine with me)? Or are there settings I should tweak? I tried allowing higher overclocking, but I'm not sure what that does - how to tell if it's running @ 800Mhz vs 600Mhz in PanMAME.

Hi, for Mortal Kombat and the like, you should try mame4all, as it is more optimized. PanMAME is slower, bur it is based on a newer MAME, hence it runs more games.

Try the cpusettings and set max. Opp to 5 and max. Mhz to 1000. Then select the desired clockspeed from the overclockmenu in the taskbar. PanMAME should run with the clockspeed you specified before running it.

Hi, for Mortal Kombat and the like, you should try mame4all, as it is more optimized. PanMAME is slower, bur it is based on a newer MAME, hence it runs more games.

Try the cpusettings and set max. Opp to 5 and max. Mhz to 1000. Then select the desired clockspeed from the overclockmenu in the taskbar. PanMAME should run with the clockspeed you specified before running it.
Does this only work with XFCE then and not MiniMenu?

Back