PanMAME Betatesting

Hey guys/gals, do I need to do anything special to run PanMAME?

I tried this when it was offered originally, but I preferred Mame4All, so I removed it. Now of course, I need to play DK2, so I re-installed it, and every time I run the PND, it drops back out to the minimenu. It worked my first time around, but I don't remember if I had to do anything special.

The rom is in the "rom folder", so do I need any bios files or anything special to make it run? Even if my rom is no good, the program should boot up right?Thanks!

Chris

delete appdata folder, then copy your roms to rom folder, then try again. 
Thanks Alerino, that did the trick. Thanks to mcobit as well, it's great to finally play the arcade version. Sadly it's just as hard as the Intellivision port I played last summer :p

Chris

I just updated my panmame pnd today and everything is working great. How do you get all games to go full screen as the default configuration setting?

I got a problem with Altered Beast. When I kill these purple guys they will stay on the screen and the screen wont scroll any further. Did anybody experience the same ?

Sounds like a bug in mame itself.

Nothing I can really ro about it...

But maybe try another rom.

For the fullscreen thing try to set aspect to no and save global configuration.

Hello Guys im new in mame umelators and i have downloaded the latest panmame and i put the rom files of a game in the rom directory but it doesn't work,panmame is starting up and it goes to desktop.

If PanMame starts but then returns to desktop, it could be the PND was corrupt? Try deleting it's appdata folder and running it again, or if that fails download the PND again perhaps.

Other than that, if the Rom being used is not from a compatible version (PanMame uses the 106 set, although a lot of games from other versions will often work too) or has mistakenly been unzipped that might be a problem too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a compatible Rom, and it's been put in it's unaltered original zip form in the correct folder then yes, it should work, nothing more needed.

I've been able to run a lot of great arcade games with Panmame, but there were a lot of great ROMs that wouldn't run so I downloaded RomCenter and imported a .106 dat file and began cleaning up.  I discovered that there were cases where RomCenter gave a given ROM a clean bill of health (green) but PanMame still won't run the ROM.  Is my dat file corrupt?  Anyone else seen this?

None of the Metal Slug games will run, Vindicators 1 and 2 fail, Star Wars (Atari vector graphics version), etc.

I don't believe that I do... 

Didn't realize I needed it.  I thought that if the ROM zip showed up on RomCenter as green (based on the .106 dat file) then PanMame would run it.

Is there a specific NeoGeo BIOS file version that I need for PanMame?

Aha!  I do have the neogeo.zip in the ROM folder under \appdata\panmame, but when I check it with RomCenter it shows red.  I didn't realize I needed the neogeo bios file, it isn't mentioned in Yoshi's otherwise excellent Emulator Fact Sheets or in the repo instructions - I'm relatively new to Mame.

So if I understand the problem, I need to find the right version of the BIOS file zip, which would show as green in RomCenter

Seems like the last update made playable Metamorphic Force :D That's sooo good !!

Back