pastebin service brother has cancer and needs funds for medicine

rohezal

Advanced Member
Sounds strange, but maybe someone has some spare coins. I am not related to this site, but thought it was important. In short: guy has cancer in advanced stage, cant afford medicine and has a woman and a 18 month old baby girl. The site seems quite legit.

http://savenatenow.com/

They've got $50k already. Harsh it might seem but I think people that make these sites are as bad as street beggars. 

Sorry, but:

On October 31st, 2012 my PET/CT scan determined I have stage IV cancer with metastisis to my bone marrow and spleen.
He's fucked. I have never in all my life working with Cancer patients seen one recover from metastatic disease, and there's even less chance when he has it in two secondary sites.

At this point, he'd be as well putting the donations away to support the mrs after he's gone.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
And especially not someone fighting that cancer by praying, eating vegetables and doing "alternative chemo" (that is, not chemo at all). 

Cancer. Fuck that shit.

Sorry, but:

On October 31st, 2012 my PET/CT scan determined I have stage IV cancer with metastisis to my bone marrow and spleen.
He's fucked. I have never in all my life working with Cancer patients seen one recover from metastatic disease, and there's even less chance when he has it in two secondary sites.

At this point, he'd be as well putting the donations away to support the mrs after he's gone.

D.
Totally right. Depending on the type of cancer and the type or organ affected, it could be a matter of months to a couple of years. 

Even when chemotherapy works, it just delays things and never cures cancer, especially in late stage. Of course there are a few percents of people who see their tumor completely disappear but this is a small minority and as you mentioned, metastasis is late stage and there's nothing much that can be done. 

Doctors who get cancer themselves usually dont even go through chemo and all the shit because they know it makes your life horrible, you have to go to hospital often, deal with side effects and the weakening of your body, and just go and enjoy the few months/years they have left. 

And especially not someone fighting that cancer by praying, eating vegetables and doing "alternative chemo" (that is, not chemo at all). 
That's what Steve Jobs did in the beginning after he found he had pancreatic cancer.

A big mistake. Since he discovered it early enough, having early surgery/treatment could have given him a few more years. It would not have saved him most probably (since pancreatic cancer prognosis is very poor). 

Back