Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Gruso said:
Just to reiterate, my post was all assumption and I'm not an authority on the situation. I would refer to you to the thread title though - ALL Paypal orders are affected.

My advice is to sit tight and wait for more information. Don't assume the worst just yet. They'll do their best to sort this out, they're good business people. Probably the worst thing anyone can do is bombard the Pandora or Paypal people with emails. Craig will post back here soon enough.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. ALL Paypal orders or just a 100?

I hate feeling so helpless at a situation like this.

Craig

When are you going to find out which orders have been cancelled and let everyone know.

The only alternative way you could theoretically get round the 20 day rule is paypal is to do a subscription for a one off time within paypal, but that again under paypal rules would mean payment is taken out at one set time period

I'm not going to panic!, I'M NOT GOING TO PANIC!!! :wacko:

Right, money has been withdrwn by PayPal at my end, and doesn't appear in my PayPal account. Payment was via eCheque. I'll need the cash back if I'm going to have to pay by other means :twisted: .

Please make Bank Transfer an option, it would be the easiest method for me and probably for many others that used PayPal lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4w7an00vGI

Hmmm been reading through... I`m like lobski and ijeff.. it was sent to Jacquelyn`s account... wonder if that was frozen too.

Wonder if the problem is with money that was transfered from paypal accounts that had money in them! or was transfered through paypal from your current account..

Oh.. well... I`m confident that it`s going to be straightened out :)

Says "PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED", so I assume it really does mean all lol

Mine also went to Jacquelyn :)

I'm going to try and stop the bank from doing the actual transfer ( hope it's possible ), and pay via alternate methods.

Please keep my reserve warm :p

What of the orders placed using gp2x.de? The money I sent is not returned and it doesn't seem like the transfer is canceled. I'm from Holland so I thought ordering from Germany would be best.

Thanks

@Gruso: thanks :)

X-Code said:
Says "PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED", so I assume it really does mean all lol

I'm going to try and stop the bank from doing the actual transfer ( hope it's possible ), and pay via alternate methods.

But craigx later says "only about a 100 paypal transactions have been affected."

Not 100% sure what this means, does this mean that that only 100 of the hundreds of paypal users are affected, or does it mean that there were ONLY a 100 paypal users from the 3000, and they're ALL affected?

lobski said:
X-Code said:

But craigx later says "only about a 100 paypal transactions have been affected."

Not 100% sure what this means, does this mean that that only 100 of the hundreds of paypal users are affected, or does it mean that there were ONLY a 100 paypal users from the 3000, and they're ALL affected?
Second option. As cragix has said, they are trying to sort for everyone and will update you all when they can.

I know it is disturbing but it really does seem a case of wait for the notification from craigix.

Craig's post was pretty unambiguous, but lets see if I can't be even more so.

If you ordered with Paypal, you will have to make other arrangements.

All Paypal orders are affected. Nobody who paid through Paypal will get their Pandora unless they sort out another payment option. This applies to all Pandora pre-orders, regardless of where you live, which site you ordered on, or which Paypal address you used. Out of the 4000 preorders, about 100 people chose (poorly) to pay with Paypal. Those 100 people are affected by this situation. The other 3900 people who used credit cards or other forms of payment are not affected.

Is that any clearer?

Chip said:
Craig's post was pretty unambiguous, but lets see if I can't be even more so.

If you ordered with Paypal, you will have to make other arrangements.

All Paypal orders are affected. Nobody who paid through Paypal will get their Pandora unless they sort out another payment option. This applies to all Pandora pre-orders, regardless of where you live, which site you ordered on, or which Paypal address you used. Out of the 4000 preorders, about 100 people chose (poorly) to pay with Paypal. Those 100 people are affected by this situation. The other 3900 people who used credit cards or other forms of payment are not affected.

Is that any clearer?

Sorry... who are you ? :huh:

Thanks, Chip! ;-)

It's probably also a good idea to point out that it's very unlikely that people who chose to use PayPal will somehow "miss" the first batch purely because of this, assuming they do arrange alternative payment within a reasonable time. Also, as the PayPal orders make up only a small percentage of the orders, it's very unlikely that this problem will cause any delays whatsoever in production/delivery of the Pandora.

There's still well over a month before the Pandora ships to get this all sorted out. So please, frustrating as it may be, be patient and try to remain calm ;-)

Thanks for the explanations.

So now, I guess we wait until Paypal refunds our money back? We don't need to do anything but wait, correct?

My advice is to wait for Craig to post here with an update. ED has already given instructions to people who purchased from gp2x.de, Craig should be able to sort everyone else out.

I seriously doubt you'll miss out. :)

Just got my refund.. Thanks Craig/Jacquelyn. Now what to do ?

D)

I just been refunded as well (money came back to my PayPal account) after asking EvilDragon by e-mail. Meanwhile I paid by bank account transfer. Big ups to EvilDragon for fast response! This is how customers service should look like! Really smooth processing!
Keeping my fingers crossed for other affected comrades in this PayPal story :wink:

Azure said:
ArchiMark said:
Something is very odd about this....

I paid by PayPal on Oct. 1 via e-check...

Just got an email from PayPal today that e-check just cleared today....

:twisted:
Doesn't seem to be odd at all. I paid by PayPal a day before you via e-Check and my payment cleared the previous business day (Friday).

Azure, I wasn't saying that it was odd that payment cleared PayPal....that's what's supposed to happen!

My point was the timing of my payment clearing the same day that this thread was started regarding PayPal payments being cancelled, ie, the very same day as my payment clearing....

:wink:

Meanwhile....I just got email from PayPal that my payment had been refunded...it included message from seller that I should contact them regarding making payment via other methods.....

paypal e-Cheque's are horrible, If you don't have a card/bank account registered with your paypal account, then it'll use this e-cheque method.

It can take up to 10 working days to clear. probably the same the refunded. best bet is the ring paypal and get them to cancel it.

paying with paypal = :wacko:

I am in Canada, and I just got my refund. I think I got back all of my money, but it will take 3-4 days for it to reach my bank account.

Back