Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking hell - hopefully the prices don't go to high as I need to buy a PC for university and this looks like a very sweet deal.
Prays.

It hasn't arrived yet, he has to wait for the cheque to clear before he sends it. He's pretty nice to deal with although you'd expect that if he was dodgy aswell. He has sold them before though if you check the item numbers in his feedback. I'll post more as it goes along. From the looks of it he'll be selling more on ebay every weekend.

I just got one for £430 + £25 P&P...
The one which didn't have the flashy case, as was cheaper.

I dont feel comfortable buying from someone that can't spell basemets

I am curious to see how this turns out

EDIY: maybe he is selling stuf fcheap to get good feedback from expensive items

so then suddenly he will put 20 up on ebay, people will see that other people are satisfied

pay the guy the money and the guy will fuck off

mattmagoo posted on Aug 22 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
I dont feel comfortable buying from someone that can't spell basements

I am curious to see how this turns out

EDIY: maybe he is selling stuf fcheap to get good feedback from expensive items

so then suddenly he will put 20 up on ebay, people will see that other people are satisfied

pay the guy the money and the guy will fuck off
I presume there is already a shop called bargainbasements.
He is about to setup a shop - it says in the html-ised emails he has made.
Seemed a very nice guy - I complained that he had put another one back-up (as a last chance purchase) that I had bid upto £400 on (and the other guy had not been able to pay) and the case had been the nicer looking case of the two, and he offered to let me have the nicer case with it...

Unless of course that is bait.
Ahhhh well at least, I have his address and name - and there is such thing as post insurance and tracking...

Edit: WTF! The address the guy gave me in email was different from the one that was in the Ebay receipt. Even his name was different.
Maybe he moved house?
Maybe... <_<
Edit2: Solved that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
saintdragon posted on Aug 23 2005 at 09:10 PM said:
it says: He is no longer registered with ebay!

omfg lets kill this cunt!

Says he will be back on ebay under the same name later this week after he pays his bills. My cheque hasn't cleared yet so he hasn't sent the machine yet. It would be a weird time for him to run off with peoples money considering he wouldn't have got the money for the ones he sold on ebay at the weekend yet.

I got his phone number, name, address etc so I think it's still legit. Or as legit as buying stolen goods can be, Rico. How are you paying though? If you pay by cheque, I should have got my tracking number (or not got it) in time for you to block it.

I suppose you can ask him to slow down your transaction until I get my PC or tracking number or until he is back on ebay.

saintdragon posted on Aug 23 2005 at 10:10 PM said:
it says: He is no longer registered with ebay!

omfg lets kill this [rudeness]!
Well it could be that he has just forgotton to pay the Ebay fees.
Thats what I hope anyway, well I am probably gonna post the cheque tomorrow - hopefully if in a day or two he does turn out to be a liar, then I will be able to cancel the cheque very quickly.

You see there are things that make me think he might not be lying - things he says that I doubt you would say if you weren't actually gonna send/setup a PC.

Edit: To be honest it probably is legit (due to us having so much information about him - aka 2 addresses - 2 names (one his, and the other his step-sisters apparently) and you having his phone number) but really it was pretty unfortunate that his account got suspended.

Do any hitmen on this forum live in Dorset?

He started with:
Hi, how would you like to pay?

Title:      AMD Athlon 64
eBay item #: 5232438230
Winning Bid: GBP 430.00

Our computer website is almost here, featuring low prices but the higest specs, systems, components, forums, chat, downloads & more

If you would like to know more or be the first to know when our site opens please send us an email with "New Site" in the request field

Its Almost here....

Please READ before you reply:

NO Emails are viewed or replied to @ weekends, Only weekdays during hours stated below

E-Mails will ONLY be read weekdays between 9:00am- 4:00pm (Mon-Fri) Emails sent outside these times will have a delayed reply with possible undelivered email to me which may mean i will not get the email you send so please make sure ALL emails are sent within the times stated above,

No replies are sent outside the hours above, no exceptions

Many thanks
To which I replied:
Not so sure, I will get back to you tonight...

You see, I am a student - and I am buying this to use in University...

I have the money, but I will have to most likely get my Dad to send a cheque as my Bank does not like me withdrawing anymore than £250 a day. Oh the trivialities of being young...

I will pay £430 + £24.99 + £7.99 (insurance), as I don't want this getting lost.

Where and to who shall I send the cheque (or whatever payment I decide to use)?
He then replied:
Hello, that’s ok, totally understandable!, let me know when you decide, Thank you
Then I said:
Arghhhh! Do you realise how annoying it is for me that you - gave me a second chance on buying (5233539238) for £400 - considering it has a much nicer case than the one I just bought. :(
And he said:
I can change the case for no at no extra cost, let me know which case you prefer!!!
And also replied with this to my other email:
That’s fine, before sending payment please email me so I know how your paying etc etc,

My address:
[snip]
Please email to confirm you got this, thank you
I then got worried:
I am a bit confused about your address and who to make the cheque payable to.
In the "Ebay receipt" the address you give is:
[snip]
Yet just below in this email you gave:
[snip]
I am a bit worried as there are too different names and addresses here – why is this?
Which address shall I send a cheque too and who shall I make the cheque payable to.
Why does it say allow 14 days for the PC to be delivered, surely once the cheque has been cleared it should not take that long?

…Seb
Then him again:
Hi again, also, delivery time is 3-7 days after payment has cleared because the system is registered in your name before it leaves me & this also gives me enough time to set the warranty up for you as 1 year is included, 

Any questions please ask, thank you
---
Hello, the ebay account is my step sisters account who lives down the road from me, you can see from my feedback that the feedback is from computer systems I have sold, I have 8 positive feedbacks, I didn’t mention it as I didn’t think there was any need,
Please send cheque to MY address & payable in MY name if that’s ok:
[snip]
Let me know you got this email, Thank you
Then I sent my own invoice:
I'm sending you the cheque today, here are the details:
"Payment for Ebay Item: #5232438230
---
Winning bid: £430.00
Postage Cost: £24.99 Seller's Standard Rate (United Kingdom Only)
Postal insurance: £7.99
Total: £462.98
---
Address:
(Cut out)
---
Note 1: Please may you register the PC out to: (You know my name)
*As my Dad is paying for me and I am paying him back later – I will have ownership of the PC however.
Note 2: In our email you said that you would give me the PC with the Antec case at no extra cost, could you do so.
---
Cheque sent to:
[snip]
Payable to: P Fisk"
Then we said:
Hello, all details are fine, I have printed the email so I definitely remember to register in your name not your dads!!, Is that ok???
Me:
Yes that should be fine, thanks for being so helpful.
He:
That’s ok!, glad to help!, I will leave your feedback as soon as I receive the payment, if you could leave my feedback when possible as I only need 1 more feedback to use “buy it now” & have my ebay store!!!!
Then he suddenly slipped me this:
Just got suspended from ebay for not paying my bill on time, pain in the arse as I thought it was due at the end of the month???, I had 9 fantastic feedbacks aswell, as soon as im back on ebay please remember to leave me feedback & I will do the same

Any problems please email me as im happy to help, 

P.S, my ebay problem does not effect our transaction in anyway so you need not worry at all & my computer website will be fully up & running by the end of this week,

Thank you
So I said:
Christ you really scare me with all of this crap.

How long will it be before you have paid the eBay Bill (I presume it is the fees that you have to pay to put the items onto the site)?

Sorry If I am being a bit quick to jump to conclusions, but this is practically all of my money for the last 4 months.

I didn’t get to send the cheque today – but it is in an envelope and everything now, so it won’t be too long before it is sent.

Can I have your internet site address?

Could you please email me the tracking number for the system as soon as you have received the money and sent the PC?

SEB
And we are upto this point now:
I know sorry m8!, that’s why I emailed the message to you so your mind was put at rest, my account should go back on within 7 days after I pay my fee’s so you can still leave feedback etc, 

The moment the payment clears I will email you to arrange a delivery date & I AWAYS provide FULL tracking details so you can track online @ www.parcelforce.co.uk 

My website address is: http://members.aol.com/ccomputing but please bear in mind that my website is being updated on Friday with new items etc,

Could you let me know you got this email & let me know your happy & lastly let me know when you have sent payment,

This ok?? Email back, thank you

What do you think?

edit: P Fisk disliked my quoting of his and my emails.

He'd be stupid to fraud you, to be honest, since a cheque can be cancelled and credit card charges can be reversed. It really depends on how much of your money he has access to and how easily you can reverse your payment.

Rico posted on Aug 23 2005 at 11:06 PM said:
He'd be stupid to fraud you, to be honest, since a cheque can be cancelled and credit card charges can be reversed. It really depends on how much of your money he has access to and how easily you can reverse your payment.
And if he does. Some gp32 user in Dorset can kill him for me?

Well, his problem is a lot easier to believe now that ebay just sent me a warning telling me to pay my fees, despite having set up a direct debit to automatically pay them.

This on top of the fact that I just received the money for a PDA I sold which I have to send off tomorrow. So basically, the exact thing that happened to him is happening to me.

so i guess all is sorted, and if anything happens youve got his email adress to either report him to the police or my personal choice for frauds, is to kill them :p... but from what i know and read i think its legit...

The website has not been updated.
It does not even exist...

He still is not registered on Ebay.
Plus I have sent a message to someone who bought a PC from him on Ebay and they still haven't got the PC or tracking number (wish he said they should get sent to them today, from the parcel company), despite the fact they gave him good feedback.
Their Bankers Draft was clear about 7 days ago apparently.

I am also suspicous of:
"FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS apply, Please read BEFORE Bidding

Please NOTE that if you bid on this auction you AUTOMATICALLY AGREE to ALL our terms & conditions set out, These terms & Conditions are avalible by emailing me, so PLEASE make sure you read them all before bidding & if you have any questions please email as im happy to answer any question, When you bid you enter into this contract containing the terms & conditions we hold for this auction, Terms can be emailed to you just ask/email me BEFORE auction Ends"

Does this mean their might be a hidden clause in his terms and conditions.
Shivers.

I'm pretty sure there's no legal grounding in that statement, but it appears that you're screwed anyway. At least it's not PayPal. Those guys generally side with the buyer but give the seller a large amount of notice to drain out his account before they take the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back