Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already read his terms and conditions, they seem more about preventing him from getting ripped off rather than the other way round.

E-Bay Auctions - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Last Revised 8/8/2004

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Please read ALL terms & conditions before bidding as once you bid you automatically agree to ALL terms & conditions set out below,

Bidding:

If you place a bid you understand this is a contract to buy the item listed, You can withdraw/retract your bid via ebay at anytime BEFORE the auction finishes, If you are the winning bidder you MUST pay for the item, Non payment will result in complaints issued to ebay for "Non Payment" which may result in your ebay account being suspended from ebay, Negative feedback would be placed by us to make other ebay members aware of non paying ebay members, We would also take action to recover the costs of the auction from you.

Paying for your Item:

Once bidding finishes we would prefer payment to be with us within 7 days from the day of the auction finishing, We accept Cash, Bank Transfer, Cheque or postal order as full & final payment,

Processing your order**:

After you have paid for your item delivery is normally within 14 days** from day of payment CLEARING as cleared funds into our account, This is because the systems are built to order & we ONLY use the latest parts in your system to gurantee the latest parts are used in all our machines, you agree to this when bidding on our systems,

Delivery:

Once your order is ready for delivery we will email you to arrange a delivery date which is suitable to you, We will then book your system to be collected from us via parcel force online 48 hour delivery service & we WILL email you the tracking number so you can track your parcel at anytime online @ www.parcelforce.com,

Delivery is via 48hr parcel force delivery - 2 working day delivery

Warranty:

ALL our systems come with 1 years warranty (limitations apply),

Specs***:

Specs of our systems are among the best avalible anywhere!, Would you be able to find a feature packed system with amazing specs in PC World for what we charge?, No you would'nt!, Because of new advances & everchanging prices & new components, Specs of our machines may change from the adverstised specs on ebay***, We always try to use equal value/specs in our systems but may sometimes mean specs may be inferior to what is advertised without notice***, But we ALWAYS use the best possible parts in ALL our systems,

Damaged, Missing & lost Goods during delivery:

If an item gets damaged goes missing or is lost during delivery it is FULLY insured for your protection however..., If any of these were to happen we would HAVE to make a claim with the courier company & may/could/would cause a delay until a replacment or refund would be issued, ALL problems MUST be reported to us & the courior company within 48 hours so we can claim if not this may invalidate any claim so is VERY important to let us know!

*, AMD processors do NOT run at the speed the model indicates eg if a model says "AMD Athlon 2800" this would run at around 2.0ghz, You can view speeds & full details at the official amd website - www.amd.com

**, Normal delivery time is within 14 days but may occasinally take longer depending of unforeseen circumstances, If this was to happen we would let you know via email & keep you updated via email with updates & news on your order

***, Specs can change as with ALL PC's, Makes may change, Specs may be superior as well as inferior in some cases, Case design may vary as well as keyboard, mouse speakers leads software etc etc,

Thank You for reading the terms & conditions

Okay except for the final statement, conveniently at the end:

"***, Specs can change as with ALL PC's, Makes may change, Specs may be superior as well as inferior in some cases, Case design may vary as well as keyboard, mouse speakers leads software etc etc,"

This apparently gives them leverage to replace any part of the PC with a cheaper, less powerful part. However, I'm pretty sure they need to state 'specs may change' in the auction since the auction's contract states you must get exactly what is written in the auction description.

I sent 4 emails to people who have bought a PC from him, and left feedback.
One of them says they still haven't recieved it (see above).
The more recent one, that I got this morning said that they cancelled buying it from him as they did not like the replies to the questions they were asking. They said that they had recieved emails from other people that hadn't recieved a PC from him before...
I am worried.

My cheque hasn't cleared yet because his bank takes 5-7 days to clear it. He says that he will send the PC off on tuesday as long as the cheque has cleared seeing as monday is a bank holiday.

Also, shit, now I'm worried again.

Edit : He sent me this,

I can confirm that the only people that left feedback had already received
their system, noone has left me any feedback before they actually got the
system as noone would do that as people always like to wait until they get
the goods as that is to be expected, I wouldn't leave feedback for someone
until I received the goods & im sure you would be the same, who ever told
you they had left me feedback before actually getting the system may be
telling a few porkies!, also I must point out that its against ebay rules
for other members to contact you & vise-versa because of the privacy act &
ebay policys, if anyone emails you you haven't got to reply as its against
the ebay rules but I guess if you want to you can, I don't mind at all in
the slightest as im happy people sharing any experiences with me with other
members as I have nothing to hide & would rather buyers letting other
potential buyers know about my systems & services etc,

Hanz™ posted on Aug 27 2005 at 12:31 PM said:
I sent 4 emails to people who have bought a PC from him, and left feedback.
One of them says they still haven't recieved it (see above).
The more recent one, that I got this morning said that they cancelled buying it from him as they did not like the replies to the questions they were asking. They said that they had recieved emails from other people that hadn't recieved a PC from him before...
I am worried.

Send that to him and see what he says.

Last edited by a moderator:
“OH no. You make me sad to hear that. I didnt buy anything from him as I asked loads of questions and wasnt happy with his answers. The feedback I gave was meant for someone else on a day when I had about 4 to do. I have looked into retracting it but I cant as he is no longer a member. I have been contacted by about 4 other people who have sent him money but received nothing. I think its trouble and I'm really sorry. I have contact details;[snip]

And:

“my bankers draft was clear about 7 days ago i have not receive my computer yet but so far he reply every Email i send him and he toll me that i will got my tracking number of the computer from the pascel campany to day, how do you know that ebay cancel his menber ship becausr he is late paying his fee ? and is this weekend is the holiday weekend in UK? PLEASE REPLY.” - By bigjbs25

Edit: His website is http://members.aol.com/cccomputing not ccomputing apparently.

Well, fuck it, I'm not risking it. I'm cancelling my cheque as soon as possible. Sorry for getting you involved in this.

Edit: Bargh! So his website is working? That makes this thing a little bit more legit, he said to me that the site will be up either tomorrow or monday as long as the designer gets working on it.

davey g posted on Aug 27 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Well, fuck it, I'm not risking it. I'm cancelling my cheque as soon as possible. Sorry for getting you involved in this.
I'll cancel too, I am also not gonna risk it unless I get an email from bigjbs25 or some other people and they have recieved the PC, maybe if he allows me to pick it up and pay with cash "there and then" I would also be able to do that. But otherwise this is just a bit too dangerous for me...

Edit: Is there a way of getting a bank to sit on a cheque for a bit...

Now I am a little less certain about cancelling it, the website is pretty thorough. I'm beginning to think this guy is just really slow. I mean, he allows collection, it says so in his auction.

Also from his auction, "please remember that delivery is normally within 3-7 days BUT please allow 14 days** after the funds have cleared". That would account for the guy whose cheque cleared around 7 days previous. I think I'll wait until tuesday.

When did he receive your cheque? His bank takes 5 to 7 days to clear them and monday is a bank holiday. Considering he lodged my check before yours, mine should clear before yours and he has guarenteed me that it will be sent off the day the cheque clears, if he doesn't, cancel your cheque.

davey g posted on Aug 27 2005 at 03:00 PM said:
When did he receive your cheque? His bank takes 5 to 7 days to clear them and monday is a bank holiday. Considering he lodged my check before yours, mine should clear before yours and he has guarenteed me that it will be sent off the day the cheque clears, if he doesn't, cancel your cheque.
He recieved my cheque on thursday, but cashed it (allegedly) on Friday.

Edit: said wrong date.

Hanz™ posted on Aug 27 2005 at 02:21 PM said:
davey g posted on Aug 27 2005 at 03:00 PM said:
He recieved my cheque on wednesday, but cashed it (allegedly) on Friday.

This wednesday and friday? He got mine last thursday and cashed it last friday. So you've got plenty of time.

Damn. I wish I was ignorant.

//edit: I must note that, that was not an insult to davey_g (as he has probably like me also worried alot) I was just saying that life would be much easier with no worries.

davey g posted on Aug 27 2005 at 03:31 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Aug 27 2005 at 02:27 PM said:
Damn. I wish I was ignorant.

I'm confused.

Edit: And by cashed I mean lodged, my cheque still hasn't cleared yet.
Yeah lodged is what I meant.

Klown posted on Aug 27 2005 at 10:16 PM said:
If you aren't sure: Cancel.
Probably will do - atleast until he has reregistered on ebay.

Edit: apparently bigjbs25 lives in Canada and he has been trying to fit a delivery around his school time. That makes sense as bigjbs asked specifically about the UK. bigjbs25 still does not have a tracking number, but as he has paid, he should get one soon enough. If not. :(

Onemillurray is apparently a scammer himself (he said there was a discussion on the ebay forums about him) who wanted to pay with western union, but was not allowed so cancelled. So could be biased. He told me about a guy who is collecting names of people that have not recieved a PC from bargainbassment's who I have emailed, but have not yet recieved a reply from. However these could just be very impatient people couldn't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back