Release PCB See

Red PCB, how freaking cool is that :lol:
Now just make a transparent case for us to mod, pleeeeeease :oops:

Gruso posted a nice comparison. Direct link.

edit: Hope you don't mind me posting it here Gruso, but it's too cool not to.
pandpcbsmall.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! As expected the RS-232 pads are gone, now the lines are rerouted to the EXT connector. Looks like the power switch moved to the side of the unit too. A lot of the labeling is gone, so for those of you wondering what you're looking at, see below. Anyone know what the "?"s (centre and bottom-right) are?

SteveM said:
Looking good! As expected the RS-232 pads are gone, now the lines are rerouted to the EXT connector. Looks like the power switch moved to the side of the unit too. A lot of the labeling is gone, so for those of you wondering what you're looking at, see below. Anyone know what the "?"s (centre and bottom-right) are?
I thought that was the power switch. (bottom right) o_O

"Phones" is headphones presumably.. had to scratch my head for a bit there. :D

zarneth said:
I thought that was the power switch. (bottom right) o_O
I thought so too at first - it could be that it is indeed the power switch. However, the old PCB had three pads for the power switch (bottom right is 2x2 pads) and three very similar looking pads have "appeared" there to the left on the new PCB.

TaG said:
Gruso posted a nice comparison. Direct link.

edit: Hope you don't mind me posting it here Gruso, but it's too cool not to.
pandpcbsmall.gif
I put two tabs next to each other and compared them "by hand" for a very long time

it's these kind of moments when you realize that you're spending way too much time with the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
hmm... but where did the battery pads go?
Couldn't find those either. I can imagine the scenario already: they've just assembled the first production Pandora and are ready to fire it up... "Now, if I just connect the battery and... <pause/>... D'oh!"

I suspect the little header they were using on the dev boards has been abandoned for some more elegant connector in the battery compartment, so the pads will probably be pretty inconspicuous.

I wonder how much flexing the board can sustain from the downward pressure of game pad and keyboard usage? What does prevents the board from flexing, especially in the middle? How much testing has been given to this aspect of the design?

:)

hedwards said:
PoisonedV said:
It's beautiful!
hmm... but where did the battery pads go?
I think that's been mislabeled as the power button pad.
I'm starting to think so too... The pads at the bottom right may well be for a new type of power switch. In any case, I'll change the label until we know for sure.

alexq said:
I wonder how much flexing the board can sustain from the downward pressure of game pad and keyboard usage? What does prevents the board from flexing, especially in the middle? How much testing has been given to this aspect of the design?

:)
I was wondering that too. I guess it's supported directly underneath the white circles where most of the pressure will be. And maybe underneath/around the SD slots?

Does this board have the digital (video) in that the OMAP documentation shows? Or has that been removed?

Back