pcsx re-armed: can't save configuration for game

ghostwheel

Still Fresh
Hi!

I'm trying to play railroad tycoon II on the pcsx rearmed. 

I'm trying to set it up so that I can launch the game directly from an icon. I managed to launch rr tycoon II and load a savestate, but what I can't set up

is to have the controls loaded correctly.

I found that in order to use the nubs as a mouse I have to do the following:

1. menu (space)

2. Controls

3. Port 1 Device Analog

When I save this setup as 'save global config' then this is indeed saved, and works the next time. (but then tomb raider won't work...)

When I try to save with 'save cfg for loaded game', then it isn't loaded the next time.

Here is the commend that loads the game:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps//pcsx_rearmed_r22.pnd" -e "pcsx.sh" -b "pcsx_rearmed" -a "-cdfile /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/roms/psx/Railroad_Tycoon_II/EBOOT.PBP -load 1

When I use this command, the game loads correctly, but the port configurations for the game do not load, only the global ones.

I tried to load a config file by using the '-cfg' option:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps//pcsx_rearmed_r22.pnd" -e "pcsx.sh" -b "pcsx_rearmed" -a "-cdfile /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/roms/psx/Railroad_Tycoon_II/EBOOT.PBP -cfg /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/cfg/RAILROAD2-SLUS00808.cfg -load 1"

but it still  doesn't use the correct port. Does anyone know why?

BTW: When I load pcsx rearmed as usual, and navigate to the cd image, load the game, etc, config is loaded and saved correctly.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, solved. Looking through the /var/tmp logs revealed that the cfg file is loaded relative to [PND ROOT]/.pcsx/

So with the following command, all works well:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps//pcsx_rearmed_r22.pnd" -e "pcsx.sh" -b "pcsx_rearmed" -a "-cdfile /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/roms/psx/Railroad_Tycoon_II/EBOOT.PBP -cfg cfg/RAILROAD2-SLUS00808.cfg -load 1"

I think the cfg should have been loaded relative to where the PND file is mounted...

I also don't understand why without specifying the cfg file, just loading a cd image from a command, the cfg file is not saved or loaded correctly....

Anyway, now all works!! Thanks!

Back