Release Pcsx-Rearmed

notaz said:
Thanks to everyone for your support, yet again.

There's something wrong when people don't support the people who make the things they enjoy. It's our way of thanking you guys for all that you do. (Well, that and donations. ;) )

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
j6cubic said:
(Not just for the bugfix; PCSX-Rearmed is among the most polished pieces of software on my Pandora. Good job!)

You don't use Picodrive? o_ô

-God Ginrai
Firstly, among the most polished pieces of software. Secondly, no, because when I tried out PCSX I got hooked on Final Fantasy Tactics again to the point that I haven't even started up any other emulator yet. (Well, except for Dosbox. And that only because I tried it before PCSX.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to work on getting my Calculators mastered before Act 1 ends.

j6cubic said:
God Ginrai said:
j6cubic said:
(Not just for the bugfix; PCSX-Rearmed is among the most polished pieces of software on my Pandora. Good job!)

You don't use Picodrive? o_ô

-God Ginrai
Firstly, among the most polished pieces of software. Secondly, no, because when I tried out PCSX I got hooked on Final Fantasy Tactics again to the point that I haven't even started up any other emulator yet. (Well, except for Dosbox. And that only because I tried it before PCSX.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to work on getting my Calculators mastered before Act 1 ends.

lol, you're right, I didn't see the "among".

-God Ginrai

Thanks for R8 Notaz, congratulations on an awesome piece of Software. Pcsx-Rearmed has given me some of my most enjoyable gaming moments in the last year or so. And the surface has only just been scratched.

Can't believe that R1 was less than 3 months ago.

Hope you had a bit of fun making it all work so well, enjoy your game time. :D

Thanks notaz for all the great work on this fantastic emulator!

I'm wondering if there is a problem on your end with the git repository. I tried this from a couple different machines with the same result.

Code:
$ git clone git://notaz.gp2x.de/~notaz/pcsx_rearmed.git
Cloning into pcsx_rearmed...
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

pder said:
Thanks notaz for all the great work on this fantastic emulator!

I'm wondering if there is a problem on your end with the git repository. I tried this from a couple different machines with the same result.

Code:
$ git clone git://notaz.gp2x.de/~notaz/pcsx_rearmed.git
Cloning into pcsx_rearmed...

You know, you could at least bother to read at least some of the most recent pages of a topic before posting in it, even just skimming for dev names is fine:

notaz said:
Thanks to everyone for your support, yet again.

Ari64 said:
Is there something wrong with your git server? When I try to download the source, I get

Yeah something messed git-daemon up, it's probably ED's update to Debian6, waiting for his response.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
You know, you could at least bother to read at least some of the most recent pages of a topic before posting in it, even just skimming for dev names is fine:

I thought I had read the whole thread, I guess I just missed that. My apologies.

pder said:
God Ginrai said:

I thought I had read the whole thread, I guess I just missed that. My apologies.

I'm sorry, too. It just really irks me when people post things that were already covered without having read the thread. (Because even if you did, there are plenty of people who don't -_- )

-God Ginrai

Thanks again Notaz. Since you are the one who knows best how this great emulator works, I had some questions for you please.

From the many tests you made, do you have a standard recommendation for the graphic plugin. Generally I get best results with the built-in one or the PCSX4ALL one. Do you know if one is typically faster than the other?
Also in the built-in one, there is an option to enable/disable the OLD FRAMESKIP setting. Would you recommend setting it to ON or OFF (since I think you tweaked the frame skipping algorithm in your last builds).

Finally, is there a difference between the "none_up" and "default_up" filters? I can't really see a difference, but maybe there is one?

Thank you for your enlightment! :)

Is this ready to move up to Green on the wiki yet? A Green emulator, on the wiki, is defined as "Emulators with a green background work very well. A lot of games run great at or close to 500Mhz, though some issues do exist. Little overclocking is required. Compatibility issues are minimum."

notaz said:
Ari64 said:
Is there something wrong with your git server? When I try to download the source, I get

Yeah something messed git-daemon up, it's probably ED's update to Debian6, waiting for his response.
ED is overloaded as usual so I made it accessible through http, try:
Code:
git clone http://notaz.gp2x.de/git/pcsx_rearmed.git

Michoko said:
From the many tests you made, do you have a standard recommendation for the graphic plugin. Generally I get best results with the built-in one or the PCSX4ALL one. Do you know if one is typically faster than the other?
PCSX4ALL one is typically faster, but has various glitches (depends on game heavily) and it's up to you if you can tolerate those glitches or not.

Michoko said:
Also in the built-in one, there is an option to enable/disable the OLD FRAMESKIP setting. Would you recommend setting it to ON or OFF (since I think you tweaked the frame skipping algorithm in your last builds).
What I recommend is set as defaults already.

Michoko said:
Finally, is there a difference between the "none_up" and "default_up" filters? I can't really see a difference, but maybe there is one?
default_up is slightly blurred, if your firmware is ok you should see the difference.

I've not even had time to move from r6 and notaz has churned out another 2 updates already. Amazing.

Out of interest, whats the games of choice the creator of this gem deems worthy of his downtime?

First of all - thank you very much for this great emulator.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid (German PAL version) and started to play it on PSX reARMed :) .
It's running great but an area of 4 pixels that belongs to the right side of the screen is visible on the left side.

I searched the options but was not able to correct this - maybe someone else experienced (and solved?) this...

screenshot_metal_gear_solid.png

The above issue also occurs in my NTSC version of Einhander.

Another odd issue occurs in Gamera 2000 (JP) It contains both Japanese and English voice overs for the cutscenes which you can select in the game options, but when you view them it plays both audio tracks at the same time.

This emu sucks! I turned on dualshock analog support and there was absolutely NO vibration in the game! VERY disappointed :(

Just kidding. Great work Notaz: I just racked up 10 hours of FF IX this week :)

Back