Pcsx Rearmed

Anna Kournikova Smash Court Tennis runs great at default settings 700MHz img, PAL. Nice tennis game too. Screen a little too wide, and sometimes player animations freeze. It needs bios otherwise sound will not play properly

edit: turning off frameskip fix the problem with animations

Hi notaz, can support for multi-disk eboots be added? I've tried Xenogears and FFVII multis which both come back as unsupported/invalid CD image.

What formats are you guys using for these two games?

xenogears does not read memory card. final fantasy 9 has the same problem as parasite eve, the 3d models would sometime disappear on top of the prerendered backgrounds. in parasite eve the shadows are still visible.

View PostLTStone, on 16 October 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:
Never tried it as I heard it has no sound..

What about my precious diablo? T_T

It runs, even with sound but its a bit slow. When you play on the fastest game mode, its play able (but its a bit slow sometimes has some lags). The sound (for quests) is understandable, but it has sometimes stutters.

mrkingoo said:
Anyone else have problems with savestates? Been playing Resident Evil a bit and until now savestates working great except a few corrupt ones. Now I cant save a savestate anymore. It just goes back to menu without saving. Same problem with all games I've tried. Loading savestates is fine.

edit: I deleted a couple of save states and now saving works again. I had six RE savestates so maybe the maximum number is less than the 10 available slots

Yes, I do, all the time. Save states get corrupt on overwrite, on load... no such problems with other Caanoo emus. Tried several cards, computers, OSes, firmwares and ReArmed builds to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is brilliant! Twisted metal, Wipeout2097 and SOTN - on Caanoo.

/blank face with drool running off lower lip.

U iz teh 1337 notaz.

Have anyone found any race games that run full speed? Gran Turismo runs decently, but it's a bit laggy. Ridge racer runs pretty much full speed, but I'd like to try more!

Hey Notaz, is it possible to put a frameskip setting between 0 and 1 ? I find 0 on some games is very smooth but a little too slow and 1 is a great speed but too choppy (street fighter alpha 3 for example). I'm not sure if thats possible but it might make a few more games a little more playable without having to change much to the emu .

LTStone said:
Hey Notaz, is it possible to put a frameskip setting between 0 and 1 ? I find 0 on some games is very smooth but a little too slow and 1 is a great speed but too choppy (street fighter alpha 3 for example). I'm not sure if thats possible but it might make a few more games a little more playable without having to change much to the emu .

Have you tried auto frame skip and disabling the SMC checks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i tried all the settings, I still think tweaking the frameskip code might help with alot of games as I said some games run real fast on auto or 1 but too choppy.

Hi Guys,

In the emulator bios/plugin menu under "GPU plugin" I get to choose only between "pcsx4all" and "builtin" yet gpuGLES appears under the configure section below the plugin selections.

I was wondering if the gpuGLES plugin option is available for the wiz? If so how do I enable it?

Im running R14

Thanks!

how do i install this?

I have copyed it to my card, but my caanoo cannot find it

it is copyed in the game folder

Yeah. I can run it from "Explorer" though.
Also when i disable sound, it only disables sound in the movie sequences, not in the game. Im not sure the clocking works either..

What is the optimal settings on V. 18?

notaz said:

i almost finished a translated patched version of policenauts which runs perfectly until the very last ending video where it will always crash.

i can't wait for the next version of pcsxrearmed to be release!
If you give me a savestate before it crashes (NOT after as it's then in bad state) I can look at it.

Bit late to the party I guess but in case you ever decide to resume work on this, here is the save state:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4fBnf4Ia/SLPS00216-SLPS00216.html

I'm using r18 on my Wiz and I'm finding that the emulator crashes causing a reboot when playing FF7. The game was fine until I played the RTS minigame up that mountain and now I get crashes during battles on the world map.

Any ideas?

You can try doing a save state right before the crash then disable the dynarec to get past the crash part then if it works you can activate the dynarec again.

The problem is there is no crash 'part' so to speak - the Wiz resets itself randomly after battles on the world map. Battles during designated areas are fine.

Could this be a RAM issue?

Crazyteknohed said:
The problem is there is no crash 'part' so to speak - the Wiz resets itself randomly after battles on the world map. Battles during designated areas are fine.

Could this be a RAM issue?
I *think* I've fixed it. Tried using SCPH7502 bios instead of SCPH1001 and it seems to be okay. Need to do more extensive testing before I can say for sure though.

Oh, and for what it's worth I also discovered it was when fighting that big, yellow flying thing that it would always crash.

Back