pd-extended for arm

dreamer

So, recently I there was an arm-build for pd-extended (puredata with all the fancies included) released and I was wondering if someone can try to build/package it for the pandora.

It is something that I really want to play with in the future.

http://enchevetres.org/doku.php?id=tek:puredata

Right now I am trying the full debian package on my n900 with EasyDebian.

Ok, that package (and the whole build probably) is not going to work on the n900. EasyDebian is unable to update to squeeze and maemo simply lags behind too much.

If anyone is willing to try and get this to work for the Pandora that would be awesome!

(and I have yet another thing to look forward to when getting my unit ;) )

[edit: btw, what is this topic doing in support? that subforum is completely irrelevant to software requests ..]

Last edited by a moderator:
Opengl might not work, as it is opengl es we have on pandora... But I will try to get it compiled this evening.

^ I know, but did you even look at the first url I gave?

The readme says: The "full" version (21.2Mb), with static/animated image processing, and 3D, should run on all OpenGL compatible systems.

Are there even arm systems that adhere to the full OpenGL spec?

Anyway, would be really cool if it worked :)

Sorry, the first link is in french ;)

But well, there are no arm devices I know of, which have full opengl support.

The gpus like our sgx should be completely opengl 2.0 compilant, but the drivers for mobile socs never have the full spec included. Only opengles...

^ I know, I've been around this place a lot longer than yesterday ;)

But afaik the Opengles spec almost covers everything already. Just hope GEM doesn't have some specifics that would need modifying.

Only one way to find out!

[edit: still wondering what this is doing in 'support' ...]

It needs tcl for the frontend, but the commandlinestuff seems to work. That is for the pd pnd I made earlier.

Unfortunately in your first post the link with the compilinginstructions is broken of pd-extended and the source I downloaded seems like a big mess to me...

As I have no personal interest into this, I don't really want to mess around with this for a long time, sorry...

^ understandable. I hope someone else has time/motivation to look in to this.

Ok, I tried the .deb in a PanDebian squeeze install and all but these dependencies could be worked out:

libmagick10, libmagick++10 and libraw1394-8

which seem to be from lenny.

The UI sort of runs, but doing anything (open new patch, go into edit mode, place an object) is so horribly slow that it's completely non-usable.

I hope one day a complete and somewhat optimized build can be worked out, because I'd still like to run this on the Pandora :)

^ I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /puredata.pnd on this server.

Back