Perfect camera for Pyra/Pandora?

Well, i think, if i decide to use my Pyra as an Smartphone/Mini PC, i would take my old Minolta Digicam to work (sometimes, whe get deliveries, where something get crashed whyle on the Way, so i have to take Photos),

And when im on the Way to interesting places, like Unimog Conventions, Familie Partys, etc,

I take my Nikon whit mee, and whil get lot better Pictures because my Smartphone ditnt had a Optical Zoom, ore other things which you get whit a Brigte Camera..

And: just put the Camera SD Card in the Pyra, and not long until you have the Pictures there..

Then i just need a big SDXC Card on the Pyra, and i have all my Pictures on the go..

I would love to use a port of RAW Therapee on a pyra to simply edit and upload RAW pictures.

I use my 5D MK III almost ervery day cause i hate bad quality smartphone pictures :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to use a port of RAW Therapee on a pyra to simply edit and upload RAW pictures.

I use my 5D MK III almost ervery day cause i hate bad quality smartphone pictures :p
Interesting, never heard about that software project. I'll try to port it to Pandora. Probably the Pandora is too slow to do this kind of processing, but since the Pyra does not yet exist, it's better than nothing :)

It would be neat if we could mod this into the place of the logo somehow.
Hmmm, another potential benefit of the change to the logo (aside from being able to customize it). I think it might work better to try to squeeze it in to one of the area where the display board is cut out and drill a hole...not sure how much space will be in there, though. That won't help those that want a user facing camera for video chat and stuff (selfies...).

[...]a user facing camera for video chat and stuff (selfies...).
b16.png

While the OMAP5 has an Camera Interface, its not Exposed/Connected AFAIK. You would have to redesign the CPU Board.

While the OMAP5 has an Camera Interface, its not Exposed/Connected AFAIK. You would have to redesign the CPU Board.
ANTI-FEATURE, NOOOOO!!!

Besides that, to put the camera in the display part, wouldn't we need the connector on the display pcb?

I think there should be some pretty small USB camera out there...

For example all the "808 Car Key Chain Camera". I think there are multiple version of this... those are usually sold as hidden camera in a Keychain. There have been popular for use in drones (...) with limited space as well.

Most common use is a MicroSD card for recording (there is a battery) but I think some support use as USB webcam.

Back