Persistent Shared Folders?

a Mammoth

Still Fresh
Is there a way to get a folder mounted on the GP2X when it goes in to telnet?

Basically I want this so that I don't have to manually type in the commands to mount stuff every time I'm turning on my gp2x to telnet.

I would guess, from my very little linux experience, that I'd have to edit something along the lines of boot.sh, with what you type into the telnet window.

Anyways anyone know how to do this? I think I'm going to get really sick of typing in those three commands every time I telnet.

a Mammoth said:
Is there a way to get a folder mounted on the GP2X when it goes in to telnet?

Basically I want this so that I don't have to manually type in the commands to mount stuff every time I'm turning on my gp2x to telnet.

I would guess, from my very little linux experience, that I'd have to edit something along the lines of boot.sh, with what you type into the telnet window.

Anyways anyone know how to do this? I think I'm going to get really sick of typing in those three commands every time I telnet.
I'm curious about this as well, but I have run linux before typically when you mount the fstab in linux it only does that on boot unless you tell it to run again. So you would probably have to have your computer attached to the gp2x before turning it on, even then I'm not sure it would work as it may try to mount before it gets a network connection. I think the best bet would be to make a script so that you type some small command and have it start the mount.

I'm not a linux guru so if anyone could say something by all means.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I do this is that I actually have a script running when I connect to telnet. I use SecureCRT, but there are many around. Basically, I tell the prog to look for "ogin:", send "root", wait for the bash prompt, and start sending commands.

Back