Pgc Trading Forum?

timeslip

Just an idea but I`ve got an increasingly large collection of GPC videos, aint got the time to upload them, so was just wandering if opening up a Trading forum for movies would be a good idea?

The idea i envisioned would be similar to how Bootlegg Cd`s trading works.....

Straight trades or if you having nothing to trade send over 2cd`s for every cd you want............

What u guys think ?

don posted on May 17 2004 at 11:07 AM said:
If you can tell me what non copyrighted stuff you want to trade, i might believe you.
If you read the original post correctly I wasnt necessarly talking about just myself but the community in general.

Im not quite dumb enough to go about selling warez via the forum Im just trying to help out people who cant/dont/wont convert their own movies.

As for you being possibly interested I dont think so mate, I dont as general try to be nice to people who give me a hard time for no particular reason

So see u later

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a very anti-piracy vibe around here, to be sure.

I don't think this is any different than recording a movie or show off your television, and giving your friend a copy of the tape, for free ... just my take on it though, others may disagree.

timeslip posted on May 17 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
As for you being possibly interested I dont think so mate, I dont as general try to be nice to people who give me a hard time for no particular reason
Nah, you got me wrong... I'm not interested in your "service", I'm more interested in WHAT you want to trade (and I'm still sure it's copyrighted.)

don posted on May 17 2004 at 11:29 AM said:
timeslip posted on May 17 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
Nah, you got me wrong... I'm not interested in your "service", I'm more interested in WHAT you want to trade (and I'm still sure it's copyrighted.)
look my friend, i just trying to give away at - i might add - no cost to the recipient some files - TV episodes i might add - so people can get some use out of GP Cinema.

If your not interested in that then bugger off and stop hassling!

Still, it's piracy, which is BAD, no matter if you sell TV episodes or give them away for free. Which is A) illegal and B) not allowed to discuss on this board. You'd better listen, I'm pretty sure you don't want the cops in your house...

Cops?? Who in their right mind would report someone to the police for sharing recordings of TV shows for free??

TelcoLou posted on May 17 2004 at 12:48 PM said:
Cops?? Who in their right mind would report someone to the police for sharing recordings of TV shows for free??
MPAA, Original copyright holders, TV channels. Don't think internet is too big for copyright bloodhounds. ;)

don posted on May 17 2004 at 11:42 AM said:
Still, it's piracy, which is BAD, no matter if you sell TV episodes or give them away for free. Which is A) illegal and B) not allowed to discuss on this board. You'd better listen, I'm pretty sure you don't want the cops in your house...
Maybe i could borrow that high horse of yours and outrun the TV police

For the record:

Hi esteemed membership,

Just to summarise the ROM policy we have at GP32X boards:

- You can discuss your ownership of such games. We all have roms, how else would we use the emulators? There's no problem with that.

- You can't discuss how or where you got these roms. In an ideal world they'd all be dumps of real cartridges. Perhaps you previously owned them, so there's a moral backing. It is of no concern to us where you got them, so don't mention it.

- You can't ask for ROMs or pirated games. Simple as that. Under the above rule nobody can tell you anyway, except via PM. And none of us want GP32X's boards to become full of ROM requests. So all such threads will be locked and their posters dealt with. *laughs maniacally*

- Why? Direct links, obscuficated links, links to rom sites, rom site listings, p2p network links, and instructions that allow people to download roms, pirated games or crack existing games or demos can all get us in trouble. If a copyright owner or GP32 rep browses our forums and sees links to GP32 pirated games, he can give us hell for not deleting the links. Rather than spend our lives deleting such links we'd rather you just didn't post them.

Other than that, go knock yourself out.

Yours sincerely,

Rico, Axeman and the rest of the mods

I see nothing about sharing copied TV shows in there.....

timeslip posted on May 17 2004 at 12:50 PM said:
You call it a high horse if I try to keep this board's content legal and problems away from hando? Well, nevermind, obviously you don't even TRY to understand.

don posted on May 17 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
timeslip posted on May 17 2004 at 12:50 PM said:
You call it a high horse if I try to keep this board's content legal and problems away from hando? Well, nevermind, obviously you don't even TRY to understand.
Its called humour, something you seem to be lacking.
I asked you nicely if u werent interested then vacate the topic.

I`d understand the grief if I was selling cd`s full of illegal movies but Im not

And if i would I wouldnt advertise on a forum where Im more than aware of the ramifications.

Now if any forum modulators have any probs about me GIVING AWAY tv episodes in an effort to get up and running some form of trading post then send them this way

Now unless you have anything constructive to add, goodbye

Your probably just going to get shouted at and maybe banned timeslip. If you want to do anything piracy related (yes including tv shows) don't assume everyone will agree and especially don't assume the moderators will agree. So far the safest way to distribute pirated files is bittorrent, although many people have been caught and have their internet account closed, the original seeder (distributer) is at a lot less risk than other methods.

im a big boy I can take geting flamed.

Personally dont consider it piracy, as the guy said earlier if I`d recorded them off the TV and posted that I got a video tape of them, who wants them free of Charge I wouldnt have em.

But if all im gonna get it bloody grief for trying to be nice then bollocks to the lot of yah.

Just because it's fair doesn't make it legal, and just because it's legal doesn't make it fair... or some such.

In anycase, this isn't an appropraite forum for such a post.

P.S MPAA are asshats - just had to say it - sorry.

this piracy stuff seems to come up all over the place. just for the record "fair use" under the copyright act allows you to record a show for the express purpose of your personal use later. And after you have watched it you are technically supposed to delete (although no one does I'm sure) This does not include distributing them (tv shows) to others (although its a nice gesture) Now, personally I say screw the MPAA, RIAA etc, as they have been ripping us off for years with no loss of sleep, but they can and will shut a site down that is providing a conduit for pirated materials. Also, I don't think you should be taking offense because someone tried to point that out to you and save this site some possible hassles.

Judging from other posts it seems like im not the only one who would be interested in a trading forum.........

Back