Phoneme Gp2x Sdl V. 1.0.0

jjplano said:
fusion power, yes its a little complicated at first

but keep in mind that you are using games that work on a cell phone, so when you have two or three different controls config files made, most probably you have all combinations possible already (its a cellphone, not a pc keyboard, limited different possibilities)

and you dont need to do any games specific config as i say before, they work on cellphones

so the game would install or dont, and it would start or dont, as simple as that

I'd have to say going through a lot of games it can be fairly troublesome to get everything to work. pmeselector has 3 built in configs though 1 usually works they may not work perfect. And that not even getting into rotation which pmeselctor doesn't even handle yet and you need to have obviously different controls for.

part of the difficulty is phones obviously have more buttons than the gp2x plus diagonals are usually handled with a separate button on phones.

still PMEselector does help and if a version comes out with more options and support for rotation pretty much everything should be able to become automated.

for now I'd recommend you take on one game at a time. use pmeselctor for install and first try then if you need rotation or something else use one of the posted configs as a base than manually tweak it if you have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
jbrodack said:
I'd have to say going through a lot of games it can be fairly troublesome to get everything to work. pmeselector has 3 built in configs though 1 usually works they may not work perfect. And that not even getting into rotation which pmeselctor doesn't even handle yet and you need to have obviously different controls for.
ok, but pmeselector makes different types of install? and config files that exceed controls (because if i understand the readme file correctly, there is nothing you can configure except controls and rotation)?

i thought it just made different control configs

i mean, im installing my games "by hand" and if a game wont install, i just forget about it

have i missed something?

jjplano said:
jbrodack said:
ok, but pmeselector makes different types of install? and config files that exceed controls (because if i understand the readme file correctly, there is nothing you can configure except controls and rotation)?

i thought it just made different control configs

i mean, im installing my games "by hand" and if a game wont install, i just forget about it

have i missed something?

I probably didn't phrase that right. pmeselector has 3 different control settings. doesn't configure anything else. and doesn't even do rotation yet. One advantage of actual installing with pmeselector is you don't have to keep track of id numbers. and its quick to try the different control settings.

YEAH !!!!

This is just GREAT.

Running some of my FAV mobile phone games.......

Huge Leaps in performance and compatibility since last version.

For those Updating pMESelector , there is a limit to how many .jar files you have in the JAR dir - about 250. I'd like 900+ at a time if possible.

Can't wait for the next realease, this is all very exciting stuff.

JOHNNY%20CRASH%20DOES%20TEXAS.gif
scrabble_menu.jpg
bejeweled176x208animatiqd9.gif
Gameloft_Derek_Jeter_Pro_Baseball_2008.gif
worms_1.jpg

Hey guys I'm loving the PhoneME for GP2X it works awesome!!

I am having a little trouble accessing local files through Java on the GP2X. I am running mgmaps (http://www.mgmaps.com/) which loads fine and Ive got a good mapping to the keys figured out, but i cant get it to look for stored maps. I select 'stored maps' and it says the file access is not available on this phone.

Is there a way to add permission or something?

Thanks so much for any help at all you guys!

-Christien

any chance of an update to pmeselector with more configs and support for rotation? Or even better an update to phoneme with its own front end?

still great program, been using it to play that newer oregon trail game. addicting and graphics are good too. original still my favorite but still cool to play an updated version.

-zaxxon- said:
@jjplano: New release available at <a href="http://host.xzshare.com/?d=B68B67001" target="_blank">phoneME-GP2X-SDL-1.0.1.zip</a> increased storage space from 1M to 512M. Try the games.

@Wolfsclaw: Now "Vampires Dawn: Deceit of Heretics" start-up ok: Required ~1.3M of storage space, in the old version only 1M available.

<

link doesn't work, sorry :(

reupload or mirror anyone?

Farox said:
Hi i have this file... ;)
You can download at this PhoneME Gp2x sdl v1.0.1.zip

I hope also original author or someone else could improve this good emulator

Ciao...

Thanks very much for uploading it Farox, I really appreciate it :)
Yes I hope too I think this is an amazing and good emulator too ;)
I think its Zaxxon or Mr 2X?? helped programmed it?
Thanks again, Have a good day
Ciao :)

Back