Caanoo / WIZ Phoneme Sdl Caanoo

i think no, it's too diffucult to run for a poor phone :D
anyway, i hope to see this on caanoo :) :)

CloverGruff said:
stpat said:
I started work on porting a few weeks ago, and then got really busy (out of town on vacation etc...) I should get back working on it this week.
Awesome! Can't wait!

I was thinking, could it be possible to emulate Symbian OS applications as well? I'm not too familiar with this, but I know that there are quite a few pretty cool games for it as well, like Tomb Raider Legend, and quite a lot of other games with 3D graphics that the caanoo should be easily able to render ( I do realise that emulation on itself is a pretty speed consuming task though. ).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pp2Ar8jzTI[/youtube]

Symbian is an OS though. JavaME is something which runs on top of a firmware so I don't think they're comparable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on it, but it's slow going... lots of compile issues.

kayuz said:
any news stpat? :) :)
please make it ;)

I haven't worked on it in a bit... To say the least, compiling it wasn't going very smoothly for me. I'd hit a compile issue, fix it, and then immediately hit another issue at the next compile step. Very slow going.

My compile environment was getting to be a bit of mess (all these little fixes cobbled together), so I took a step back and cleaned it up.

I'm ready to tackle it some more, but just haven't had time. Hoping to get back at it this weekend.

kayuz said:
stpat? progress on this interesting work? :)

good, i asked you beacouse now it's the 21 and your last report on this is dated 5 sept ;)

:)

I actually worked on it for a few days about a week ago, but got frustrated and stopped... played Halo instead.

Like I said, I should get back to it this weekend hopefully... too much on the go and my time is spread thin these days.

kayuz said:
good, i asked you beacouse now it's the 21 and your last report on this is dated 5 sept ;)

Sorry, no. I haven't been able to spend any time on it whatsoever... far too busy with work and extra-curricular activities. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

kayuz said:
stpat, now we are 29 sept, you have done progress? :)
thanks ;)

No progress at all unfortunately... negative progress actually. The external drive my Ubuntu development VM is on started acting a bit flaky recently and my VM image seems to have been corrupted. I bought a new drive today, and re-installed Ubuntu this morning, but I still need to re-install the GPH development environment. The crappy part is I lost the progress I'd made on Phoneme (but I more or less remember what I did, so working though the compiler errors I resolved will be quicker this time through.)

kayuz said:
i hope yes! :)

i'm sad for your troubles. i hope this time can be more easy then before ;)

Like I said, it shouldn't be too hard to get back to where I was.

kayuz said:
i'm sad for your troubles. i hope this time can be more easy then before ;)

please stpat, tell me if there are progress, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm tired of constantly refreshing the page ever since the last post.

Guess this isn't coming any time soon.

Back