PickleLauncher: issues, requests

Pickle, first of all thank you very much for your nice launcher software. I love it on the latest Snes emu!

What I don't like so much is the button layout, that's why I suggested some improvements in this thread. I changed my own config file to fix the problems that I have but I couldn't change everything I wanted. That's why I have this feature request:

I would like to ask if you could allow more then one button presses for the same action in the launcher. I would like to be able to start a game with the A-Button, as well as with the "START" button on the Pandora. Also, going back a folder I would like to assign on digital-left as well as B-button. Would that be possible for a future version of the Pickle Launcher?

And there is one more thing I noticed: when using the search function, sometimes the echo of what I typed in is not correcty shown on the top right corner (pickleLauncher v0.21 used in the latest snes emu 1.39ff.20111205.2). If I type "mario" for example, only "mar" shows up at the top right cornerm but it does use the whole "mario" string to search. If I then press backspace once, it show "mari", so that's correct again. It's a minor glitch and it does not happen each time I try but I thought I might report it here.

Cheers,

-zapman

Last edited by a moderator:
So reading through your comments I think it basically comes down to being able to map multiple keys/buttons to an action.

The last changes I made in the svn were to correct the drawing of the filter text, i thought i saw a post by Ivanovic he used the svn code. Please check that your using the most recent stuff, cause it should be fixed.

Also based on some other things you said I think i need to add a help button that displays a screen with all the actions and their button mappings. Then maybe at some point allow it to remap within the application.

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated.

The last changes I made in the svn were to correct the drawing of the filter text, i thought i saw a post by Ivanovic he used the svn code. Please check that your using the most recent stuff, cause it should be fixed.
Yes, I uploaded an updated Snes9x4P some hours ago which includes the latest picklelauncher. I think that is the version zapman is using as of Snes9x4P "1.39ff.20111205.2" (.1 only had picklelauncher from some time in march). So any "issues" reported reflect the "current state".

Yes, I uploaded an updated Snes9x4P some hours ago which includes the latest picklelauncher. I think that is the version zapman is using as of Snes9x4P "1.39ff.20111205.2" (.1 only had picklelauncher from some time in march). So any "issues" reported reflect the "current state".

Darn i really though i had fixed everything with the filter text.

I've got a bit of a complaint. Y and X used to page up and page down, respectively. Now Y does nothing, and X goes to the previous folder. Can you please return to the previous method? It was much better in my opinion.

Wasn't sure if this was an inappropriate gravedig or sticking to the relevant thread, however I am having some issues with picklelauncher pnds, specifically getting them to work with Windows Shares on gigolo.

The way I have things set up is that all my media is on a NAS server, so videos, music, roms, photos, etc. I connect with gigolo on a windows share just fine and i can explore all the folders with no problems. I can also use gpfce, picodrive and rockbox for playing music and nes and genesis roms over the network.

However, when I try to do the same with snes9x, gambatte, panplayer or mupen64 either the shared drives do not show up in /home/nick/.gvfs or when I try to access the .gvfs folder it just crashes. Really not sure how to approach fixing it or anything.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the right place to put it, as I hope some day to revisit this thread and make all the changes requested.

My guess without looking back into the code is that the . might be causing problems. I recall I filtered . and .. out so maybe hidden folders dont work with it.

Can you try a path with only alphanumerics?

An issue i forgot to report: touchscreen doesn't work under Slackware.

I suppose that you use tslib ?

I had to remove tslib on 14.0 because it crashed the desktop :/.

Seems that it's not maintained anymore.

So did you use something else to replace it? If you get SDL to use your alternative then SDL apps will work.

I have to imagine there are many apps that use SDL for mouse events.

I use this in xorg.conf:

Code:
Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "touchscreen"

Driver  "evdev"

Option   "Calibration"  "3944 112 3808 158"

Option   "Width"  "800"

Option   "Height"  "480"

Option  "Device"  "/dev/input/touchscreen0"

Option			 "CorePointer" "true"

Option  "SendCoreEvents" "true"

EndSection

Pickle, one question : I saw that the latest Pickle launcher sources are from April 2013. Is there a build readily available somewhere, or is it required to compile it ? 

Or is it already included in the firmware 1.55 ? 

Please confirm. 

Best way to make sure you have the latest is to compile from source.

I did put a compiled bin here: pickle.gp2x.de/picklelauncher

This should be fairly recent.

Back