Minimenu Configuration Ui; What Do Uneed On It?

skeezix said:
Background killer has nothing to do with minimenu (and is it still necessary after hotfix #3? I've not looked at background killer to see what it does specifically, mind you :)

Pleng; I hadn't looked at the idea of suppressing apps on a per-tab basis yet; right now I'm going for 'suppress it, or allow it into all its categories', an all or nothing thing; Coudl try to expand it eventually (not now) to be 'suppress from here and here and here' in the stored out conf file, but for nwo its just a flag 'don't even parse this guy anymore' (by unique-id.)

jeff
Jeff,

Background killer kills any junk in the background that slows down the CPU and eats up battery, like WiFi, my impression is that it is for getting the most bang for the buck from the CPU. I could very well be wrong here, but the script that runs this asks for passwords in Minimenu and XFCE and it just seems like a waste to me to always be entering my password to do somehing harmless to my system.

I was hoping that with Minimenu you can do some magic to eliminate the password prompt. I am a Linux noob so my understanding of what any of this entails is limited, I like the mini-menu, keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Back