Beta Lightweight2

mcobit

Advanced Member
Hi, just found a new browser based on qt4, that is really small and fast.
http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Lightweight2?content=139266&PHPSESSID=932d06d57d7e55c225ea80b12c5e3628

lightweight2.png

Here is the pnd:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=lightweight2-Lightweight2-112245

Thanks to buddha133 from german gp2xchat for testing!

Updated to 1.11

Shortcuts:
New tab: Ctrl+T
Bookmarkmanager: Ctrl+B
Show/Hide Urlbar: Ctrl+E
Close current tab: Ctrl+W
Switch through tabs: Ctrl+Tab
Go one tab right: Ctrl+Right
Go one tab left: Ctrl+Left
Go back: Alt+Left
Go forward: Alt+Right
Switch fullscreen: F11
---

How to use the demo searchengine:
Copy the content of the tar.gz file to

Home/.lightweight2/searchengines

Looks good. So it's webkit based then? Or some other underlying engine?
I am currently tinkering with Conkeror, a Gecko (Firefox) based lightweight browser.

A fresh new browser ? Cool :)

Hope works well on Pandora.
Anyway this browser is "Lightweight", but mcobit is "Speed of Light" with porting.. :D (joking)

hi

can't launch getting this error:

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv failed for BOM: Bad file descriptor
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 24: 2064 Aborted "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

Looks like its linked against one version of QT, but is using another on pandora.

Either link againast the fw ones (from the firmware, copied into your dev env, say), or link against your own and include them in the pnd (with setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH or --Xlinker-foo-stuff) to make it pick .. don't do both :)

jeff

I couldn't test it myself unfortunately, cause I'm waiting for my Pandora to return. It is crosscompiled and maybe it linked against a library in the x86 libs. Can test it today and reupload, when this is fixed.

Sorry for that.

The strange thing is, that I gave it to buddha133 to test it on his pandora and it worked. I don't understand why it doesn't on yours.

peelie: Could it be, that you have another qt on your pandora installed?

mindlord: There is not much documentation, but I think it uses its own rendering engine.

Edit: Someone else reported, that it runs on his pandora. I think, that you have a problem with your libraries (weren't you starting your system from sd?)

Edit2: Got my pandora back and it works here. So it seems to be a problem with your image. Sorry.

Edit3: Browsing seems to be really nice and fast. And it didn't crash randomly for me while I used it.

Edit4: Downloads doesn't seem to work.

mcobit said:
I couldn't test it myself unfortunately, cause I'm waiting for my Pandora to return. It is crosscompiled and maybe it linked against a library in the x86 libs. Can test it today and reupload, when this is fixed.

Sorry for that.

The strange thing is, that I gave it to buddha133 to test it on his pandora and it worked. I don't understand why it doesn't on yours.

peelie: Could it be, that you have another qt on your pandora installed?

hi how can i check what version qt i am running? and then what version i need to install? i am on HF5 RC2 running off nand

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange... There seems to be something different.
Me and I think everyone else, who tried it, and on their Pandoras this works, are running HF4.

ED, if you are reading this, have some qtlibraries changed?

For the people, on whose Pandoras this doesn't work:
Could you post the output of

Code:
sudo opkg list-installed | grep qt

Thanks!

gst-plugin-qtdemux - 0.10.13-r1.1
kernel-module-qt1010 - 2.6.27-pandora+r24+git4bc490f3aa30d331d624faf2816851211a05f0b7.2-r24.5
libqt3support4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtassistantclient4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtclucene4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtcore4 - 4.6.3-r23.7.6
libqtdbus4 - 4.6.3-r23.7.6
libqtdesigner4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtdesignercomponents4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtgui4 - 4.6.3-r23.7.6
libqthelp4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtmultimedia4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtnetwork4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtopengl4 - 4.6.3-r23.7.6
libqtscript4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtscripttools4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtsql4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtsvg4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqttest4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtwebkit4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
libqtxml4 - 4.6.3-r23.7.6
qt4-assistant - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-common - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-dbus - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-demos - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-designer - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-examples - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-fonts - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-linguist - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-mkspecs - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-pixeltool - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-plugin-imageformat-gif - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-plugin-imageformat-jpeg - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-qt3to4 - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-tools - 4.6.2-r16.2.5
qt4-x11-free - 4.6.2-r16.2.5

Aha, as I tried the pnd on hf5 and it worked, I see now the problem:
You seem to have updated some qt libraries while installing software with opkg. That breaks compatibility.

mcobit said:
Aha, as I tried the pnd on hf5 and it worked, I see now the problem:
You seem to have updated some qt libraries while installing software with opkg. That breaks compatibility.

strange not installed anything on nand?

do have a bootable SD card that installed libraries but that is on sdcard?

hmm?

what can i do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firtst you could try, if any other QT apps are broken too.
Try something like minitube or TicTacToe from Hell.

Edit: mindlord: It uses QTWebkit

Honestly whats the problem here? Just pack the "working" libraries in there and by doing so you ensure it runs everywhere.

There is your solution, it adds a bit of weight to the PND but honestly most people won't care as long as it guarantees compatiblity.

But whats's the point of having QT on the Nand, when I have to pack 20 Libraries into every pnd just because someone could have messed with opkg?

Edit: the problem doesn't seem to be, that the libraries are newer, but that some libraries are newer and others not, so they are incompatible to one another.

Worked fine for me on HF4. Seems very stable as didn't crash once in several hours. Downloads dont work and I couldnt find any keys/ways to shut tabs. Also is it supposed to default to German, as most searches gave the German results and I had to add UK to the end of everything to get British shops/sites etc.

shut tabs by rightclicking on it and choose shutdown. For the german defaults: It is made by german developers. Maybe this is the reason. And it is their first release. So don't expect too much.

Could get a good browser, when it matures though.

did a flash of the new HF5 and lightweight browser now runs fine

cheers!

ps how to you create bookmarks?

Back