Release Lightweight 2

mcobit

Advanced Member
Hi, just found a new browser based on qt4, that is really small and fast.

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Lightweight2?content=139266&PHPSESSID=932d06d57d7e55c225ea80b12c5e3628

lightweight2.png

Here is the pnd:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=lightweight2-Lightweight2-112245

Thanks to buddha133 from german gp2xchat for testing!

Updated to 1.12

Changelog:

- Added close-button on tab-buttons

- Added zoom-support (Hold Ctrl press and use wheel to zoom in/out. Press Mid button to resetz zoom)

* With zoom-slider in tab-menu

- Live update of the Completer for fast bookmark-access

- Gave root-bookmark-folder a better name (Now "Bookmark" or a translated name)

- Fixed some issues with closing last tab

- Removed close-option from tab-menu

Shortcuts:

New tab: Ctrl+T

Bookmarkmanager: Ctrl+B

Show/Hide Urlbar: Ctrl+E

Close current tab: Ctrl+W

Switch through tabs: Ctrl+Tab

Go one tab right: Ctrl+Right

Go one tab left: Ctrl+Left

Go back: Alt+Left

Go forward: Alt+Right

Switch fullscreen: F11

---

How to use the demo searchengine:

Copy the content of the tar.gz file to

Home/.lightweight2/searchengines

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your work on this mcobit. Getting the right browser for the pandora is something of a mission at the moment. It's early days though, so until it's just right I'll try yet another one! :)

Just gave this a try. I tried downloading one of the Pink Floyd .PNGs and got logged out of my account and told I wasn't authorized on these boards.

Do you know that Pandora has a qt4 browser already?

/usr/bin/qt4/examples/webkit/fancybrowser/fancybrowser

This doesn't really work, has no bookmarks etc. But nice find ;)

Edit: It has two: Arora is QTbased too

Edit2: craigix: It is under heavy developement right now, maybe we should wait till it is featurecomplete and then I will try to make an OE recipe for it. Already talked with ED about this.

sorry for the offtopic, but does ksnapshot really pop up as the screenshot is still being taken? :lol:

on topic:

how stable is it?

This looks good, might it be small enough to replace the god awful default browser?
It would be better, though I think NetSurf would be better yet (seems to load quicker), and best of all would be Links2, as it's extremely fast and the only one that seems made for the Pandora's interface. (however, it's a bit non-traditional, so I can see the arguments against that)

sorry for the offtopic, but does ksnapshot really pop up as the screenshot is still being taken? :lol:

on topic:

how stable is it?

I don't know! I didn't make the screenshot. And it's very stable. I couldn't get it to crash once and didn't hear any reports that it crashes.

Crashes on Ebay. :)

When trying to enter "My Ebay", also crashes on a few other websites... :rolleyes:

Firefox is stabler, but this one is faster.

My favorite browser, but i swear the progress bar slows down the page from loading in version 1.4... Still loads up media heavy sites (like ESPN) faster and more accurately than anything else available! Waiting for the day that it saves my usernames and passwords, and allows me to rename my bookmarks... Also a dedicated bookmarks button would help... Then all other browsers get deleted.

V1.5 is out now. You can get it by going to its listing on the File Archive. Here are its changes:

- Support for webplugins (Enable allowed plugin-hosts via button)

- Added dialog to manage allowed hosts for plugins

- Set focus on WebView on Tab-Change

- Added Lightweight2-menu button

- Removed format on load-progressbar

- Fixed crashed caused by deleting sumDl in its event-loop (in download.cpp)

- Added dialog to set what domains to save cookies for

I have two questions:

1. Is anyone seeing the favicon for any site that is visited being displayed in its tab?

2. Has anyone managed to get Flash to work in it? If so, how?

Updated to 1.6 now asks for downloadlocation!

See first post!

Back