Beta Lightweight2

Oh, you should've uncommented line 30 in src/lightweight.cpp so that way it'll remember the position, etc. of the window.

V1.5 is out now. You can get it by going to its listing on the File Archive. Here are its changes:

- Support for webplugins (Enable allowed plugin-hosts via button)
- Added dialog to manage allowed hosts for plugins
- Set focus on WebView on Tab-Change
- Added Lightweight2-menu button
- Removed format on load-progressbar
- Fixed crashed caused by deleting sumDl in its event-loop (in download.cpp)
- Added dialog to set what domains to save cookies for

I tried to upload a file to a site, but the in-built file browser that pops up when I do this doesn't show hidden files. Can this be changed, please? (I was trying to upload a .conf file, from DOSBox)

Qt uses the systems open-file-dialog if aviable. If there is no, Qt has its own open-file-dialog.
So (one of) both does not have the ability to show hidden files.
This i a problem i can't fix.
To workaround the "problem" copy the hidden file to a non hidden file, or enter the filename directly.

cpttom said:
To workaround the "problem" copy the hidden file to a non hidden file, or enter the filename directly.
Thanks, cpttom! Very obvious solution.

Another thing: is it possible to change the default download directory?

Last edited by a moderator:
the download directory is hardcoded in download.cpp:
Line 243
Code:
QFileInfo fi(QDir::homePath()+"/Downloads/"+ui->lFile->text());

Justr change
Code:
QDir::homePath()+"/Downloads/"
to waht ever you wish.

cpttom: Remember, that the users here use the precompiled package, that I compile. Could there be an option to set this manually in a next version or define this part in the configfile?

Everyone, who will use precompiled binaries will have this problem.

I can add the ability to set the download-folder, but on your Systems QSettings does not seems to work properly.
So i would need to use ugly file-reading for you. And i dont want to do this.

So you should need to patch the code by yourself. I think the best way is:
1. Add a static QString variable do the Download class.
2. In the main.cpp or in the contruktor of the Lightweight class set its value to whatever you want. (You can read is from any file)
3. Use it instead of QDir::homePath()+"/Downloads/"

I have two questions:

1. Is anyone seeing the favicon for any site that is visited being displayed in its tab?
2. Has anyone managed to get Flash to work in it? If so, how?

Indeed, one of the reasons Links2 is my default browser on the Pandora is that it's one of the only ones in which I can specify a location when I save files.

Firefox is the only other one as far as I'm aware, but Firefox is very slow.

Updated to 1.6 now asks for downloadlocation!

See first post!

I am experimentimg with little changes on the GUI:
1. Topbar-size is reduced to 24px height
2. Moved the "New tab" button right of the tabs

Here is a screenhsot of it:

What do you think about it?

It looks ok. Speaking of the GUI, maybe you could make the rest of the buttons have the option of hiding them. Also, the tabs in the tab bar should have a limited number of characters used for the name (with the full name of the site being in either the titlebar or as a tooltip when hovering over the tab).

The LW2 button is hideable (Press Ctrl+M).
To hide the other buttons makes no sence, they are needed very often.
Currently the number of characters in the Tabbutton is limited to 100 chars.

Well, Opera allows you to hide all of its buttons. The reason why I suggested making them hideable was because there are already keyboard shortcuts that do what they do.

But is would not save space. That are only 96px more for the tabbuttons.
The shortcuts triggers the buttons, so they won't trigger on shortcut if you hide them.
If you want to have the last 24px for the website soo, i could make the tobbar hideable. But i don't think there is any need.

---Edit:
To the favicon problem. Can you please give me the output of the following program on your system?

Umm, its source code which I can't compile on my Pandora. Someone else will have to figure out how to port that "program" to the Pandora.

Back