Beta Lightweight2

Blue Protoman said:
I have a script that will clear Lightweight2's cache after you close the PND. I'll post it in a few minutes when I'm less pressed for time.

EDIT: Here. Assuming you have sebt3's new pnd_run, save this as "PND_post_script.sh" and put it in Lightweight2's appdata.

Code:
rm -rf /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/http  /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/https  /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/.lightweight2

If you wanna keep your cookies, you can remove that third path.
thanks but I don't even know what pnd_run is. ^^" I'll guss I'm waiting till theres an simple option button for this in the browser itself.

peelie said:
lightweight2 cannot download pnds from repo still? it just fetches the php file?
The Download Dialouge of Lightweight2 could be also better, I can't choose my SD cards for saving files there. The Filebrowser wants drive letters but of course there are no ones onto the Pandora. I guess I can type the entire path with munting the SDs but an more easy way would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
peelie said:
lightweight2 cannot download pnds from repo still? it just fetches the php file?
The Download Dialouge of Lightweight2 could be also better, I can't choose my SD cards for saving files there. The Filebrowser wants drive letters but of course there are no ones onto the Pandora. I guess I can type the entire path with munting the SDs but an more easy way would be better.

not sure if there is config file to automatically set download path, otherwise you just need to navigate to root then /media folder to see your SD card

That seems to be a problem with QtNetwork. I can't get the actual filename from the download-request i have to handle. Thr URL is the only way to get the filename.
--- Edit:
I had a look into Arora that has solved the problem. I will include a fix in 1.10

LW2 is primaly developed for Notebook/Desktop PCs. So as default-download-dir homePath/Downloads is set. If this path is not a good choise for your target-systems you can change the
default-DL-dir in src/dialogs/AskDownload.cpp Line 52
Code:
	QString path = QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory(this, tr("Choose directory"), QDir::homePath()+"/Downloads");
Just change
Code:
QDir::homePath()+"/Downloads"
to a better choise on your systems.

fusion_power said:
Blue Protoman said:
I have a script that will clear Lightweight2's cache after you close the PND. I'll post it in a few minutes when I'm less pressed for time.

EDIT: Here. Assuming you have sebt3's new pnd_run, save this as "PND_post_script.sh" and put it in Lightweight2's appdata.

Code:
rm -rf /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/http  /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/https  /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/lightweight2/.lightweight2

If you wanna keep your cookies, you can remove that third path.
thanks but I don't even know what pnd_run is. ^^" I'll guss I'm waiting till theres an simple option button for this in the browser itself.

pnd_run is the script that mounts and executes PNDs. Without it, you'd have a whole different Pandora experience. sebt3's got an installer for a new version of the script floating around somewhere. Simply download it and run it.

OK. But now I guess I don't need Lightweight anymore, The new Midori Version is so far the best Browser I've used onto the, Pandora. :) Downloads works like it should, even with progress bar and now the Javascript in sites also works great, compared to the older Midori Versions. This was actualy the only reason for me to use Lightweight. ^^

I would like to see a better cache system and the ability for it to display Flash content when running on a Pandora.

It has been said MULTIPLE times already, that these are NO things, that have to do with the code of lightweight2. They are problems with the QT on the Pandora.

Ok. Hopefully that problem is fixed when the QT on the Pandora is updated in a later hotfix.

Fullscreen can be switched with F11.
Zoom support will be included in 1.12

Back