Picodrive 0.96

Yod4z posted on Oct 21 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
i found a bug if i try to load Streets of Rage 3 (E).bin i go to a red screen and no more, i have try all differents options but is always the same :(

I had the same problem with Frogger. The ROM worked fine in DrMD but when I used it with Picodrive it just went to a red screen. I tried 2 other ROMs, of the two one gave a red screen, one worked. Very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the same problem using emulators on the PC, Try to manually pick UK for the region on those (E) games and see if it works. The auto detect on Pico needs some work yet. (JUE) games are detected as (E) so run at PAL speed of 50 FPS when it should be 60 FPS.

-Kensupen

i have found that picodrive works quite good, i had a game drmd didnt run, while picodrive did, and i think it may be due to region detection.

Thinks what i want in new version!
1) 2 usb pad support i mean i want play on usb pad and 2 player play on usb pad too not on gp2x =)
2)Config usb pad control for 1 usb pad and 2 usb pad!

Anyway Keep up the great work!
P.S.
Sorry for my english!

Having the game to pause while you're pressing the save state button is both annoying, but also having it directly written to the SD everytime isn't great for the SD.

So I have a suggestion, why not write the save state file to /tmp (or even just keep in the programs memory), and actually write to the SD when /dev/batt would reach a certain level (which at the same time would discreetly notify you of the low level of the battery, as hardly anyone ever gets to see the red LED when it turns on), or when you'd load a new game or exit the app.

The change would be transparent to the user, unless he decides to switch off the gp2x straight, and save/load state would be pretty much instantaneous and would do without a write (or even read) to the SD. What do you guys think about that?

EDIT : In case of a crash or anything I thought that the save state could be silently backed up to the SD regularly, by silently I mean writen very slowly to the SD so that it doesn't affect the performance, dunno if it's possible, I guess it should be

A red screen on a Genesis / MegaDrive usually means wrong country setting.

PicoDrive sometimes doesn't get the country correctly when set to Auto, try to manually change the country settings and it could work.

PicoDrive sometimes doesn't get the country correctly when set to Auto, try to manually change the country settings and it could work.

errr.. who are you replying to?

errr.. who are you replying to?

I imagine this:

Yod4z posted on Oct 21 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
i found a bug if i try to load Streets of Rage 3 (E).bin i go to a red screen and no more, i have try all differents options but is always the same

Back