Pimp My Pandora

DaveC said:
Well considering what the main use of this thing will be by most here maybe this is a good logo: :p
pirate.gif

(j/k)
Nice one, DaveC. You gave me a laugh before my bedtime :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon It just needs "Pandora" in the middle of the back, nothing fancy, and maybe a small logo. kinda like all the asus laptops :) nice and neat...

Tobriand said:
A box, in the style of a square shoebox, with the lid lifted open slightly and some smoke billowing out. Through the smoke, a set of demonic eyes is visible.

On the side of the box is written p&|a (credit to yuglooc, I think - I posted that it was an awesome abreviation earlier).
Here's a quick, not-expected-to-be-seriously-used render of what you mentioned. I could probably do better but I don't want to waste my entire day on this.

shoebox-logo.png

Source: http://eagleswingscoop.org/junk/shoebox-logo.svg

atomicthumbs said:
Fusion_Power: AWESOME.

I'd post my idea, but I can't get Blender running to properly render a cube.

Here are some logos I've been thinking about lately (most likely due to my recent acquisition of Orange Box):

2770521.jpg

Hl_bmlogo.png
ooo... Black Mesa & Aperature science... pandoras' boxes in themselves!
I really want a HL decal now! :p

DaveC said:
Well considering what the main use of this thing will be by most here maybe this is a good logo: :p
pirate.gif

(j/k)
I'd pay to have that one engraved on it! :eek:

That shoebox with bright eyes inside kinda resembles the idea I had a couple of days ago. I never got around to finishing it though:

Well... the idea wasnt really a shoebox...more like a big powerful space ship :lol:

javaJake said:
Eolair said:
That shoebox with bright eyes inside kinda resembles the idea I had a couple of days ago. I never got around to finishing it though
Wow, how did you make that? :blink:

i'd guess photoshop, lens flare, etc, OR a 3d render with a buttload of post processing

anyone know where craig mentioned a logo contest? i have an idea but i will wait to post it if there is definitely going to be some point where they are considered for actual inclusion.

then again, it's a pretty generic idea, maybe i should just mock it up before someone comes up with the same thing :D

Let´s not forget that Pandora was actually a woman, not the box. So maybe, as an alternative, we could make a logo with some hot, ancient greek babe in it. :D
Sex sells, you know. ;)

Eolair said:
That shoebox with bright eyes inside kinda resembles the idea I had a couple of days ago. I never got around to finishing it though:

Well... the idea wasnt really a shoebox...more like a big powerful space ship :lol:

Good one, I like this idea

I'd love to just see it with the reliefed text "Pandora" on the back in something like the Verdana font.

PS: I like how we're OPENING Pandora's BOX which is a CLAMSHELL design every time we want to PLAY... Wow, my brain hurts now.

Sphinxter said:
DaveC said:
pirate.gif

(j/k)
Has my vote, wth linux, wi-fi in that size it'll easily be the ultimate pocket war driver,

"Yarrr, prepare to be boarded!".

"All aboard the Pandoraaarrrrrrrrrrrr"

Back