Play-asia.com Returns

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hi, I've been on here recently with a problem with my F-200 not recognising any SD cards. I've sent the thing back and it should be there in the next couple of days.....this is part of the reply from Play-asia. bearing in mind I haven't done anything wrong with the machine, I'm worried they might try and wriggle out of sending me a replacement........

Quote" Please be reminded if the console still works fine after testing, if it is related to the incompatibility of your sd cards, if there is any physical damage, or if it has been 'repaired, worked on, or altered by persons not authorized by Seller; has been damaged by the usage of unauthorize software, we reserve the right to ship back the original item and will need to charge you the shipment fee for returning back."

I had to cut off the rubber cap underneath so it would fit into the cradle, they said they would overlook that this time.....which is a bit rich as that is a GPH fault! They reckon they got a GP2X to fit in the cradle without having to take it off, but of course they'd say that! I included the rubber thing in the box anyway. Should I be worried? I tried three SD cards and none of them worked. Anyone else sent anything back to these guys?

From what I've read, firmware 4.0 is compatible with nearly all SD cards. You said you've tried 3 cards, there is certainly something wrong (unless you formatted the cards wrong). I don't think MMCplus cards work though.

By the way, you could have pulled the EXT port cover off, that way you could have shoved it back in.

NickLoTurco said:
Quote" Please be reminded if the console still works fine after testing, if it is related to the incompatibility of your sd cards, if there is any physical damage, or if it has been 'repaired, worked on, or altered by persons not authorized by Seller; has been damaged by the usage of unauthorize software, we reserve the right to ship back the original item and will need to charge you the shipment fee for returning back."
Thats a normal reply, I think they just use a template and alter to suit, hence the part about unauthorized software damage (ie, people installing non-sony firmwares to a psp, bricking the unit and returning it under warranty).

NickLoTurco said:
I had to cut off the rubber cap underneath so it would fit into the cradle, they said they would overlook that this
There's no need to cut it off, you can remove it without causing any damage. If you send it back afterwards, you can replace it so the unit is as it was sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I already have an e-mail from them telling me that they will not hold the cutting off the rubber cap thing against me this time so that should be okay. How can you take it off, opening up the unit? Wouldn't that void the warranty?

Hopefull this saga can end this week as I'm desperate to get going on it again!

Back