Playing Media

I'm aware of both points. But since the Hotfix and other PNDs run fine from my USB stick, I figure Exaile should do the same, but it doesn't. As for Mplayer being in the multimedia menu; it is not. All I've got in there is mixer and swfdec flash player, which I am assuming is in fact not Mplayer.

^ Sorry, I wasn't aware that you run it from an USB stick. I have no Pandora so I can't try things myself and the stuff I read on the boards is my only resource. Something I have learned is that the right way to format is crucial. The Panasonic formatting tool fixed several problems in the past.

edit:
Does Mplayer run from terminal?

Assuming running mplayer from terminal is as simple as opening the terminal and typing "mplayer" then hitting enter, no it doesn't. Said command isn't found. Would the Panasonic formatting tool work on USB sticks?

Eniko said:
Assuming running mplayer from terminal is as simple as opening the terminal and typing "mplayer" then hitting enter, no it doesn't. Said command isn't found. Would the Panasonic formatting tool work on USB sticks?

Then you have no Mplayer.

It installs to the Nand, so something went wrong with the codec pack install! You did install it right?

The Panasonic formatter specifically advises not to use it on general USB sticks. I guess it will screw them up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eniko said:

Eniko, your description suggests that either you didn't install the Community Codec pack, or the pack didn't install anything when you ran it.

-God Ginrai

Eniko said:

try running gnome-mplayer from a terminal.

if that didn't help, did you choose minimenu as your default gui when you went through initial setup? I believe this can cause problems that can only be resolved with a reflash.

Pleng said:
Eniko said:

try running gnome-mplayer from a terminal.

if that didn't help, did you choose minimenu as your default gui when you went through initial setup? I believe this can cause problems that can only be resolved with a reflash.

Pleng, Gnome-Mplayer is a frontend for the main Mplayer. It just runs instances of it in the background.

Yep, I'm just a dumbass. I for some reason thought the hot fix was the codec pack, so I never actually installed the codec pack. Though Exaile still won't run from USB stick, I at least have Mplayer now and that's working.

Eniko said:
Yep, I'm just a dumbass. I for some reason thought the hot fix was the codec pack, so I never actually installed the codec pack. Though Exaile still won't run from USB stick, I at least have Mplayer now and that's working.

Exaile takes forever to load. Like... minutes? Longer than it takes to boot up the firmware!

It might still be loading?

Eniko said:
Nope. Definitely not loading, even after leaving my Pandora sitting there for 5 minutes.

Exaile didn't work for me for a while too. It's a proper pain!

There's a thread for it elsewhere in this subforum. Give it a read and post in there, Ed should be able to help.

Exaile is running well for me now although I don't think we ever established exactly why.

I can run mplayer from terminal, but I don't have it under multimedia...

I ran the codec pack PND again and nothing changed.

Back