Please help this poor newb with PCSX ReARMed .

Yes, booting up should be brief - though it can depend on the game.

Are you saying it's just slow, or that it fails to boot a game at all?

Try another game.

If every game you try is taking forever to load, then one possibility is that your settings are at fault - check that Bios is enabled and everything else is default - no exotic plugin options selected, or excessive cpu speed set as default.

If only one game is taking forever to boot, and worked before, it may have become corrupted, just copy it onto the SD again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the only one I've tried is metal slug x . What would a reasonable clock speed be ?

Best way to find out is start low (600mhz) and only increase speed as needed - if at all.

Did it work better before, or is it just always slow to start - or has it stopped booting altogether?

If it works but is just slow to boot up, that might jus be that game.

I know most games boot a loading screen pretty quickly, but some games don't bother and can appear to take longer to show signs of activity.

If the game works but the loading is panfully slow, you could create a savestate at the game's menu screen when it's booted fully - that way you can bypass a slow load every time!

Last time I tried it took 40 minutes to reach 99% and then it wouldn't go any more than that .

Last time I tried it took 40 minutes to reach 99% and then it wouldn't go any more than that .

Ok, that's beyond abnormal. I'd have given up if a game took more than 30 seconds to show some signs of life!

But it was working before? If so (and assuming your Pcsx settings are pretty standard), it may be either the game has become corrupt or something within the Pcsx pnd or appdata folder has.

Since you don't have another game to try (to confirm Pcsx itself is ok), your options are:

1) delete the (metal slug) game and copy it onto the SD card again from your PC, then try it again.

failing that,

2) delete the Pcsx_rearmed appdata folder, then start Pcsx once to recreate it - and quit to desktop.

Don't forget, this means you'll need to replace the Bios file and select it as before, once again saving 'global config'. Don't select any other option changes, so you're sure that global settings are pretty standard. Try the game again.

if neither works, delete the Pcsx pnd, then copy it onto the SD from your PC again. (The appdata folder can remain untouched if you've done (2) )

Just so anyone looking has all the info they might need, what type of file is the game you're trying to run? Is it a pair of files with a .bin & .cue extension, or en eboot, iso or other? It's not still Rar-ed or zipped?
Weird , I was poking around to see if was anything i missed and ... it was a pair of bin & .cue extensions

So two files, identical names (same case, everything identical except the extensions - one .bin one .cue) and it doesn't work?

But did it work once before?

Are you on the latest release of Pcsx from the repo?

Pretty much

Unfortunately it did not . I abandoned this thread for a while because we WERE supposed to be able to get wifi ( not yet available in our area ) thinking it would be easier to , um reaquire anything that was corrupt ( normal pnd download from home PC is 4 hours ) .

I believe so , how would I check ?

Btw , thanks for the help :) .

Bump

Cause I'm desperate ( don't help that dying child , help me ;) )

What was the problem again, some game not working?

Have you checked it on PC, maybe it's bad dump?

Should be 104.3 MB 2bit

I tested my copy and it works fine in HLE (Didn't have the BIOS avaliable). So your image must be corrupt.. 

I abandoned this thread for a while because we WERE supposed to be able to get wifi ( not yet available in our area )
Wifi not available in your area? WiFi is just something anyone can install at home - Is it that broadband isn't available so nobody has bothered buying a WiFi router?

Concur with the others though, the file must be bad if everything else looks correct, unfortunately :(

As Notaz said though, before you delete it you could try running it under ePSXe on your PC to confirm itf it's bad (you can use the same BIOS file in that). ePSXe is relatively small, so not too long getting that.

I will try it thx . And yes that is what I meant about wifi .

Back