Release PNDManager

Thanks for still keeping it up to date.

But while I'm already at it:

How about reserving one download slot for picture downloading, as pictures currently aren't download if the number of parallel downloads is already at its limit ?

Actually sometimes pictures are not loading even if there are no downloads at all... but it was always like this

Pictures are entirely separate from the other downloads and handled by Qt. I haven't experienced this first hand. If someone can come up with a repeateable scenario I can look into it.

I never found a recipe to reproduce this, anyway there are 2 situations I found:

1) All the image boxes remains at 0%

2) The main image box reach 100% but no image is displayed.. and if you go to see the other images, the first is still "100%" and the other boxes are correctly showing an image

Updated PNDManager via PNDManager, closed it (and confirmed a clean unmount) then restarted it.   new version segfaults during the sync process.

- Neelix

B-Zar, strange I thought I posted a comment here yesterday...

I wanted to ask you if it's possible to suggest minor fixes to the interface (minor = slight modifications of space and margins) and this kind of things for polishing purpose? I have a number of small ideas that would make PNDManager look even better. Let me know if you are open to such comments. 

The latest version is crashing when trying to view more info about a selected program by pressing the B button.

Here, it still crash while syncing.

I removed the appdata and redownloaded tthe pnd, without success

Given the lengths of the threads I wouldn't recommend merging them at this point, it would only confuse matters further.

- Neelix

Yes it's still the old bug, after updating PND Manager itself and reloading it, no updates work, pnd lists are bugy and it tend to crash. You have to restart your Pandora to get PND manager to work normaly again.

@crash reports: Are you all using the 1.3.6.2 version?

@multiple threads: The dev thread is intended for discussing stuff related to future versions (=future development). This thread is intended for discussing the current version. Because musings on future features sometimes drag on and on I decided to separate them from feedback about the current version so I don't miss anything and it's easier to go through before a dev sprint. Optimally project management-wise I'd have a thread per version but I don't want to litter the boards :)

Yes it's still the old bug, after updating PND Manager itself and reloading it, no updates work, pnd lists are bugy and it tend to crash. You have to restart your Pandora to get PND manager to work normaly again.
What :wacko:

I asked Cloudef about the crashes and he said:

17:11 < Cloudef> B-ZaR: tell them to run milky -Syvvvv
17:11 < Cloudef> and tell me the logs
17:11 < Cloudef> and then remove libpndman directory

For those unaware, milky is a command line client to the same libpndman package management backend pndmanager uses. It's in the repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back