PNDs not showing up in Minimenu or XFCE

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Hi all - I've got a problem with (at least) 2 PNDs...

They're these:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=handy.cosam.0.5.0.0

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=fuse.cosam.0.10.0.2

The Lynx and Spectrum emulators ported by Steve Maddison. They're not showing up in either minimenu or xfce if I place them in /pandora/menu/ but they show up fine on the desktop if I put them in /pandora/desktop. The problem is I don't want them on the desktop! I'd quite like them to appear in the xfce menu under the emulators category, or failing that, the games/emulators in minimenu. In minumenu, I can move to the "SD1" tab and locate them in the /pandora/menu directory and run them just fine - the icons show up ok, so there's no problem there. Both files have been downloaded from the repo, so I know the PXML is ok - and I've had a peep at it just in case!

Running HF5 (as HF6 isn't available yet).

Anyone got any ideas? It's quite worrying that I can add a PND file to the correct place and have it totally fail to show up - who knows how many others are failing to show up? I've got quite a few now! And in case the number of PNDs is a problem, I've moved both of them onto the second card (which only contains PandaBAS) and they still fail to appear.

D.

There are known problems with pnds, that got uploaded by SteveM to the repo. Something seems to be wrong with them. Try the ones from the appstore until this is fixed, but we are working on that ;)

There are known problems with pnds, that got uploaded by SteveM to the repo. Something seems to be wrong with them. Try the ones from the appstore until this is fixed, but we are working on that ;)

Yeah, noticed that :)

Milkshake pointed out that these particular ones won't work on anything but HF6 (I'm naturally on HF5 as HF6 isn't available yet), so it's either I fix 'em myself, or wait until HF6 comes out! I fixed them myself :)

D.

I tried handy - with the same results as zxdunny. As others have said, it's a pre-hotfix6 compatibility thing: the PXML file has a <titles><title>handy</title></titles> tag structure, but not a seperate <title>handy</title> entry. From the wiki:

<titles>

<title lang="en_US">Your application name</title>

<title lang="de_DE">Dein Programmname</title>

</titles>

<title lang="en_US">Your application name</title><!--pre HF6 compatibility-->

Ah, in other words.. they're on the absolute bleeding edge spec, withotu supporting the older current spec.

They shoudl have the old tags in there as well, for compatibility sake.

jeff

Ah, in other words.. they're on the absolute bleeding edge spec, withotu supporting the older current spec.

They shoudl have the old tags in there as well, for compatibility sake.

I agree - but what I want to know is this:

I downloaded fresh copies from the repo because the ones I snagged from the app-store no longer appeared in the menus. When this happened, I have no idea - I went to play some speccy classics today and found that I no longer had an emulator! I suspect that they "broke" when I told PNDStore to update my PNDs, but have no particular proof - but it's the only way that a working PND could have been replaced by a non-working one. I originally downloaded and installed FUSE when I first got my Pandora in January.

I shall just have to avoid downloading any more PNDs until HF6 comes out :)

D.

well in the mean time any not working can be reported in the repo (there is a report button) and then we can forward these issues onto the maintainers or you can leave a comment and hopefully the maintainers will fix this (untill hf6 that is) :p

Back