Pocketsnes 6.5.0 Prerelease Hd Video

Rivroner

Headoverheels from gp32spain has been working a lot in the emulator improvement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIlkD67zw4&feature=player_embedded

In a few days you all will enjoy this new release. :)

Rivroner said:
Headoverheels from gp32spain has been working a lot in the emulator improvement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIlkD67zw4&feature=player_embedded

In a few days you all will enjoy this new release. :)
looks cool.

I did notice some screen diagonal tearing still though. Does he have any plans to use something like Notaz used in Picodrive to eliminate the distracting diagonal line tearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
SFX games are working but slow.

Pollux set is internally used, but no screen rotation, so tearing can be seen still a bit,like in Mame if you don´t use rotation.

Very nice. Can't wait to play through Super ROTJ with the improved Mode 7 performance.

I wonder what changes he's making.. improving mode 7 performance could possibly apply to other SNES9x ports, or possibly even emulators of other platforms altogether.

SML said:
Very nice. Can't wait to play through Super ROTJ with the improved Mode 7 performance.

Not all the games will benefit of this, but in Super Mario KArt the improvement is like 10-15 frames.

Great news. :)
Hopefully the sound problems in some games has been fixed, and the option to configure the keys would be nice.

Rivroner said:
originalz said:
Woah, are these running at the default 533?

No, 800 mhz.

That is cheating.

Some like mine for example crash when going that high. Plust it drains the battery much quicker. I wonder how it runs at a "respectable" clock speed such as 600 MHz or so?

cool try this one:

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showpost.php?p=979024&postcount=248

this is not the final 6.5 version.

But you still GET 60 FPS with MARIOKART WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even fullscreen scaled.

really great.

NO MORE TEARING DURING GAMEPLAY OF MOST GAMES I TRIED. WOW. i saw tearing in the main menu of few games but not during gameplay.

F-zero have always 50 fps now. this game run natively at 50 fps not 60fps like most games. so the game is always fullspeed. NO TEARING ANYMORE.

castlevania 4 run a lot better in mode 7 stage. no tearing.

No tearing in turtles 4 anymore.

mario all stars and island 4 has unfortunately a slight tearing issue in the stage 2 only for island4 and for mario bros 3 of mario allstars you have to look carefully to see the tearing. its not annoying anymore. but its really less tearing than in previous version. not annoying for me. it seem these game are exception i tried more than 30 games, and no tearing at all during gameplay. really great. now we have picodrive, gpsp and pocketsnes without tearing. soon the teraing problem will dissapear. CAN SOMEONE REMOVE TEARING IN FCEULTRA NES EMULATOR ??? maybe notaz :)

but what a great improvement. seem that mario rpg dont work in this version either yoshies island. wait for the official version.

SMW2 amnd Mario RPG are working in that unreleased version, you must choice between compatible or fast with or without audio hack in snesfx launcher.

All the games are working, you only have to find the correct combination.

-fast with sound hack ON. (less compatible but the faster)
-fast with sound hack OFF. (a bit more compatible but no so fast)
-compatible with sound hack ON. ( very compatible and a bit fast that below opcion)
-compatible with sound hack OFF. ( the most compatible of all options)

Why is cheating to play at 800 mhz in a console capable of going that mhz? i donn´t think so.Not enough for you more than 5 hours of play?

You can set your clock to 780 if you Wiz does not support 800.

Mine is going until 830 stable, someones can get even 860 stable.

Why we have to play at 535 if we can get faster emulation O_O?

i only have the fast pocketnes file . i dont have the compatible one.

where did you find the compatible one. i only have this file: pocketsnes_fast.gpe

thanks for answer

Rivroner said:
Why is cheating to play at 800 mhz in a console capable of going that mhz? i donn´t think so.Not enough for you more than 5 hours of play?

You can set your clock to 780 if you Wiz does not support 800.

Mine is going until 830 stable, someones can get even 860 stable.

Why we have to play at 535 if we can get faster emulation O_O?
Because not all can do 800, mine for example takes a shit at only 750.

Plus your battery life will suck using such high clock speeds, I would like to get more than 10 minutes of time out of a charge.

My Wiz last 5 hours and 40 minutes at 830 mhz.More than enough for me. :)

Back