Pocketsnes V4

Reesy posted on Feb 1 2007 at 09:16 PM said:
Reesy -> points at JimmySlam......it's his fault version 5 is late

I opt for a ban! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote to sentence JimmySlam to play "Mary Kate and ashley olsen" gba game for 24 hours nonstop!

Squidge posted on Feb 1 2007 at 01:38 PM said:
Yep, more or less. The sound is active the second time, and so the game is expecting it to be in a certain state, but it isn't, gets confused and crashes, as it would never happen on a real console.
just pondering.. would it be possible (or worth the bother) to have an emu enable the sound chips for a fraction of a second (or few frames) before the savestate was made? Then the loaded state would still have the option to switch sound on/off? or would there be all sorts of nightmare issues with sounds that last longer than a fraction of a second..?
Personally I rarely sound at all, mostly use GP2x on the train and my headphone socket is broke... <_<

Reesy-

I have a 266 mHz GP2x and a TV out plus an extensive SNES Rom list. If you need a beta tester for pre-release versions I have plenty of free time and would be able to help you find problems with particular roms, emulator configurations, and general beta testing. Thanks for your consideration.

halo9 posted on Feb 2 2007 at 01:05 AM said:
Personally I rarely sound at all, mostly use GP2x on the train and my headphone socket is broke... <_<

same thing here ;)
that may be the reason why i didn't notice this was a common bug on other emulators.

by the way:

1) thanks for all the feedback !

2) Thanks again Reesy for this wonderful emu ! i just can't stop playing my favourite RPG in the subway and, therefore, miss my station quite frequently these times :p

and it's just great to be able to use my pocketsnes gp2x savestates with my gizmondo :)

Thanks from me too, Reesy.

One question: Is "load global settings" or "load settings for current game" supposed to be implemented yet? I noticed that it is not working for me like it does on DrMDx. :/

Ok, so i managed to continue my Secret of Mana game from SquidgeSnes to PocketSnes and ... WOW, Secret of Mana with transparencies :

VERY NICE !!
ixbvborat230.jpg

Thanks a lot Reesy (and Squidge, of course).

Just trying this for the first time..Have a slight problem.

I have roms in sd\roms\snes

they are *.smc and *.sfc

Bu when i navigate to then in the GUI of PocketSnes it shows the dir as empty..

What format should i be using??

Thanks

Nickmon posted on Feb 3 2007 at 04:20 PM said:

they are *.smc and *.sfc

Thanks

1. Start PocketSnes
2. Select "Select Rom" from the menu.
3. This will take you by default to the current working directory (e.g the directory where you installed DrPocketSnes /mnt/sd/DrPocketSnes.
4. You now need to browse through the file system to find your rom directory.
5. To do this select ".." to move up and directory or select any entries that start with "+". Entries that start with "+" are directories, so selecting takes you into that directory.
6. Once you have located your rom directory, you need to save the current directory as your default rom directory.
7. To do this select the "Back To Main Menu" menu option.
8. Then select "SNES Options"
9. Then select "Save Current Rom Directory"
10. This will store the current rom directory in a text file held in the options directory. So the next time you start PocketSnes and select "Select Rom" you will be taken straight to your rom directory.

Does that help?

SiDCrAzY posted on Feb 3 2007 at 10:37 PM said:
Nickmon posted on Feb 3 2007 at 04:20 PM said:

they are *.smc and *.sfc

Thanks

1. Start PocketSnes
2. Select "Select Rom" from the menu.
3. This will take you by default to the current working directory (e.g the directory where you installed DrPocketSnes /mnt/sd/DrPocketSnes.
4. You now need to browse through the file system to find your rom directory.
5. To do this select ".." to move up and directory or select any entries that start with "+". Entries that start with "+" are directories, so selecting takes you into that directory.
6. Once you have located your rom directory, you need to save the current directory as your default rom directory.
7. To do this select the "Back To Main Menu" menu option.
8. Then select "SNES Options"
9. Then select "Save Current Rom Directory"
10. This will store the current rom directory in a text file held in the options directory. So the next time you start PocketSnes and select "Select Rom" you will be taken straight to your rom directory.

Does that help?

Thanks for that, but thats what I did, it just does not list any of the roms I have placed there..

(Yes I know they work, well they do on SuidgeSnes)

So *.smc and *.sfc are ok?

Back